Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some people, especially during the winter, will have dry lips that chap. I hate that.

Solution:

Everyday, rub the moisturizer you use on your face on your lips and seal it with chap stick. It works.

yeah exfoliaton helps, otherwise i find myself peeling at the rough skin on my lips all day and that just makes it worse!

a dampened corner of a washcloth works well.

dont use regular chapsticK ( ive read the back and it contains alchool ) now im not sure but i was thinking they do this so u keep using the productand it runs out and buy more. the best is to buy like Blistex lip treament or a type of lip treatment not regular chapstick )

moisturizer is still not enough for my lips. Chapstick is def a no no for me, idk about you guys..done a few experiments with it: chapstick medicated and the moisturizer spf 15(use it for a few days then dont use it for a few days). for me, chapstick gives me big ass cold sore types around my mouth. i just bought that carmex stuff which i supposed to help with cold sores. its relieve my dry ass lips, hopefully i wont wake up to more cold sore things tmrw, i'll reply back tmrw and tell you all

from my experience.. drinking water helps a lot with dry lips.. but my lips are naturally always chapped so i use vaseline on them and that keeps them from hurting/peeling.

from my experience.. drinking water helps a lot with dry lips.. but my lips are naturally always chapped so i use vaseline on them and that keeps them from hurting/peeling.

Vaseline helps with dry lips but got few spots around mouth recently, might have affected it? Or could have just not aimed the BP very well..

moisturizer is still not enough for my lips. Chapstick is def a no no for me, idk about you guys..done a few experiments with it: chapstick medicated and the moisturizer spf 15(use it for a few days then dont use it for a few days). for me, chapstick gives me big ass cold sore types around my mouth. i just bought that carmex stuff which i supposed to help with cold sores. its relieve my dry ass lips, hopefully i wont wake up to more cold sore things tmrw, i'll reply back tmrw and tell you all

i'm on day 3 or 4 of using that carmex lip stuff. i don't think it's causing me to break out around me mouth, yet at least

get the lil tube of blistex not the lil tub, found the stuff in the lil tube works much better and it looks like it'd last you a day but a lil bit goes a long way!

What works for flaky lips? That's what I get every morning when I wake up. Even vaseline at night won't help it.

GET VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENTS -1000 MG OR 400MG TWICE DAILY ...

My lips were horribly dry when I was on accutane...and this worked really well. It's the only time a vitamin supplement has done something for me!

the only thing i've tryed that doesnt make me break out around my mouth for dry lipc is carmex. its ina little yellow tube. its for cold sores too. get that.

When I use facial moisturizer this actually makes my lips even more dry.

I think it is best to exfoliate the skin on your lips, and then apply vaseline.

That's what I do!

Carmex works wonders. It is great and reimburses your lips with the required oils.

However for those still needed a product

i strongly strongly STRONGLYYYYYY recommend LUCAS PAPAW Ointment.

It is great. It is in a red tube thing. Found in Healthfood stores &/or Chemists.

On the back it reads:

"A local topicalapplication for boils, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, splinters, open wounds, insect bites and nappy rash"

I use it as a lip balm and it is lovelllyyyyyy. And made from all Natural ingredients!

I attatched a photo of it. So you kiddies know what to look for on the aisles!

post-35495-1137826034_thumb.jpg

post-35495-1137826034_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys, burt's bees' beeswax lipbalm is the best shit ever made. Nothing else comes close, I suggest you try it. Trust me.