Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Cubsfan

Seawater!

Guest Cubsfan

I'd like to share this with you guys!

I've started to go to the beach once a week. I believe that sea water can help eliminate the bacteria and toxins on people's skin without any side-effects. Because I personally dislike swimming in the ocean due to my shyness & depression, I brought the ocean to me. What I do is bottle up the sea water in a 5 litre container, bring it back home, pour some in a spray bottle, and spray my face like 3 times daily with it. I've done this for like 7 days and my skin looks and feels heaps smooth and no new acne has developed since! I expected the sea salt to cause dryness and flakiness of the skin but nope it hasn't happened! boo ya!

Yeah, the ocean always clears my skin up. Too bad i'm nowhere near one.

Yeah the beach and sun will help your acne for sure..

I'm 5 miles from the ocean but I refuse to get in it. The pacific is too damned cold, all the people that get in there without wetsuits in the summer are insane. I do go to the beach a lot and lay out, which helps acne but probably isn't good for my skin long term. I rent a house by the Gulf for a week in the summer and I like swimming in that water, and I always notice by the end of the week that my body skin is really soft. Acne usually dries up too but that's probably the effect of such strong sun.

I think Astara sells a 'Sea Activated' mask. I've never tried it though, but i love their Blue Mask.

My skin always clears up when I go swimming in the ocean, I don't know why. Too bad the nearest one is 4 hours away!

Guest Cubsfan

so the general consensus is that most people live too far away from the sea, but it'll be worthwhile to make just one trip to the sea and bring back home a 5 litre container of sea water which can lasts for I'd say 6 months if you just use the spray bottle. I don't know if there is an expiration on sea water before it becomes useless, would anyone like to enlighten me on that?

Bobbi45, I've tried to manufacture the sea water by diluting sea salt into tap water but ultimately my skin ended up dry and flaky after applying the manufactured salt water. I believe the other minerals in natural sea water helps to bring everything into balance and thus no side-effects.

back in the victorian era people used to go to health spas at the sea to bathe in it. supposedly it was supposed to clear up all kinds of skin problems.

I guess it depends on where you live, as to the content of the water.

I'd not want to put sea water from the UK on my face, I'd have poo and all sorts on my skin.

I guess for those in the US etc it's worth a go, I know my skin goes amazing when Im abroad, I think that's largely due to the sun, which is amazing for my skin.

id like to get in the dead sea it has alot of minerals in it.

yeah me too. i bet somewhere online one can find an overpriced bottle of dead seawater.

Guest Cubsfan

the most healthy of them all is water found in the arctic , it contains over 25% minerals.

dead sea contains over 30% sea salt

you can make a mint just bottling those water and selling it to the world, I can't find it on ebay either lol

i grew up minutes from the beach in FL, and have surfed for 15 years on a regualr basis. from elementary school well into college i surfed everyday. so i spent alot of time in the ocean. now i surf 2 to 3 times a week, or whenever the waves are worth it or i get the chance.

my consensus is-- it does very little if your body is acne prone. don't fool yourselves. for you inlanders don't think you're missing out (well i guess you are in a way). ocean water has very little antibacterial qualities compared to BP. so don't trade your BP for a sea bath.

sometimes i think being in the ocean all the time made my skin worse.

so the general consensus is that most people live too far away from the sea, but it'll be worthwhile to make just one trip to the sea and bring back home a 5 litre container of sea water which can lasts for I'd say 6 months if you just use the spray bottle. I don't know if there is an expiration on sea water before it becomes useless, would anyone like to enlighten me on that?

Bobbi45, I've tried to manufacture the sea water by diluting sea salt into tap water but ultimately my skin ended up dry and flaky after applying the manufactured salt water. I believe the other minerals in natural sea water helps to bring everything into balance and thus no side-effects.

I would imagine sea water that had been in a bottle 6 months would have too much bacteria to be worth it. I live a few minutes from the beach, the pacific is too cold to swim in (even when it's 80* in january) but I could bottle some up every couple of weeks and try using it if anyone would be interested to hear the results. I think I'd be more inclined to use it on my body though -- maybe pour some into a bath (and rinse off in a shower after of course).

I'd not want to put sea water from the UK on my face, I'd have poo and all sorts on my skin.

I guess for those in the US etc it's worth a go, I know my skin goes amazing when Im abroad, I think that's largely due to the sun, which is amazing for my skin.

Hah...200 tons (I believe that's what it was determined to be) of raw sewage was leaked into manhattan beach in LA. They said it would take forever to clean up. I'm reluctant to use our water now, in case it leaked south. The beach I'm closest to is Newport beach where there are as many yachts as there are houses so there I'd be worried about all the gasoline or whatever yachts run on in the water. Especially around the bay -- the boats there are never in marinas because people buy houses that back up to the bay so they have a little "driveway" for their yacht. All that can't be good for water quality in a bay where the water is more stagnant. Maybe I shouldn't use the water after all. Though, I swam in the gulf of mexico where we could see multiple oil rigs out in the water and it didn't hurt.

Actually alot of the UK coastline is very clean now and has awards.

I've heard people say it's because of particular phages in the sea water. I did some reading, phages are basically viruses that attack bacteria....pretty neat.

I'm 5 miles from the ocean but I refuse to get in it. The pacific is too damned cold, all the people that get in there without wetsuits in the summer are insane. I do go to the beach a lot and lay out, which helps acne but probably isn't good for my skin long term. I rent a house by the Gulf for a week in the summer and I like swimming in that water, and I always notice by the end of the week that my body skin is really soft. Acne usually dries up too but that's probably the effect of such strong sun.

if you think the pacific is cold .. you have never been in the atlantic then have you i think the highest it has ever been is like 65 degress lol but every1 still goes in it ... its ususally like 95 outside plus humidity so 65 degress is kinda nice .. anyways going to the beach has always helped by acne the sun dries it up and bc the ocena has such a igh level of salt it kills alot of the bacteria like open wounds ive had cuts before when i went in it kinds bubbled the same effect when you put onb peroxide it turned kinda white well it does that bc its killing the bactera and helping it heal faster .. so the beach is a good place if you have mild acne.

if you think the pacific is cold .. you have never been in the atlantic then have you i think the highest it has ever been is like 65 degress lol but every1 still goes in it ... its ususally like 95 outside plus humidity so 65 degress is kinda nice .. anyways going to the beach has always helped by acne the sun dries it up and bc the ocena has such a igh level of salt it kills alot of the bacteria like open wounds ive had cuts before when i went in it kinds bubbled the same effect when you put onb peroxide it turned kinda white well it does that bc its killing the bactera and helping it heal faster .. so the beach is a good place if you have mild acne.

I have been in the atlantic, just the atlantic around florida so it's probably one of the warmest parts. And only in summer when it was hot, humid, and sunny. But, my favorite is still the gulf. The beach is supposed to be so hot you can barely walk and the water's supposed to feel like a bath -- I've been known to carry a light jacket to the beach to put on over my swimsuit when it was in the 70s out here (because there's no humidity, so as soon as it gets cloudy or shady it's freezing!).