Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ocular

New bpgel irritation...

Ok, so quite a few people are having reactions to this new gel? I didnt even know it changed, I just noticed it the first time I used the gel in the newly designed tube. I have been using bpgel for a couple years now with NO irritation whatsoever, and all of a sudden my face now feels and looks like a sunburn right after I apply this "new" stuff! PLEASE don't let this be the end of my bpgel using days, my face has been crystal clear and I really like the normal BPgel. Can someone plz tell me what is going on?

dan was forced to change the preservatives after some people reacted negatively to parabens, the preservative used in the old bp gel.

dan was forced to change the preservatives after some people reacted negatively to parabens, the preservative used in the old bp gel.

None reacted negatively to parabens, people were just concerned (well, one girl who started it) about parabens causing breast cancer. Parabens are in many many different products, including food products and have been used for more than 30 years with no direct link to causing cancer. But because of this girl, Dan had to remove the paraben preservatives and replace them with other preservatives; which are causing some people redness with the new gel. Even that girl didn't like the new gel and claimed that it irritated her face; i just feel sorry for Dan and the BP gel manufacturers going through that useless trouble. The gel was great as it was, in my opinion. I heard that in the end January, they will make a new batch of BP gel with less of the new preservatives in an effort to reduce the redness that it causes for some people.

I also got the "instant sunburn" effect. I woudln't say my skin is super sensitive either. Very dissapointing considering the 4 tubes I ordered cost me close to 60$ Canadian after taxes and shipping and handling fees.

I will give it another try with more infrequent and smaller amounts. But otherwise I'll be putting it up on Ebay.

I currently use Proactiv BP lotion but plan to switch to Dan's when I start running low. Anyway, I use a facial cleanser from Avalon Organics which recently stopped using paraben's in their product. I noticed the first time I used the cleanser without the paraben's, my face became extremely red for about 1 hour or so afterwards. This only lasted for a couple of days and now all is good.

In fact, I'm using a couple of different products which replaced paraben's with the same preservatives Dan uses and I did have the same red, burning skin but it lasted only the first couple of uses before my skin adjusted. Also, if he didn't exclude the paraben's, would he still be able to sell his product in Europe? It states on the Avalon Organics cleanser container that the new formula is "EU compliant"

My question to those who have the red face from the bp gel. Did it last only a couple of days such as my experience or is this an on going problem you all are facing?

i was using clean & clear persa-gel-5 and it worked but it dried my skin out and was expensive. I ordered two tubes of Dan's BP Gel and was excited for 2.5% BP not drying my skin out.

I got it today only to find that my skin goes very red for an hour after applying it. I looked through the forums to find that a girl over-reacting about preservatives in the gel causing breast cancer. consistant complaint convinced Dan to change the gel, causing tons of people (even the girl that complained in the first place) like myself to have their skin turning red.

I hope i get used to it, i am quite sore on that girl right now.

The new batch should be out probably this week or early next week. It will have much less of the new preservatives and should alleviate this redness situation some people experience. I'd like feedback on it when you guys get it, but I know I don't have to ask ;)

yeah... i get the instant sun burn effect after too, even though i dont know how long it really lasts, im going to keep track and see.

ok, so its been a few weeks on the different preservatives, and I still have a lot of redness, but not as bad as before. And as far as the BP gel's effectiveness is concerned, it is still working very well, I am crystal clear. Im sure everything will be much better after the amount of preservatives are lowered. Either way I probably wont stop using it, because it works for me.