Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

Please help and critique my regimen!

Hi, ok, not sure where to start. I am 28 years old and just started breaking out again over the past few months. I had mild acne in High School, in which I used Dalacin T which cleared me up. I am now back on the Dalacin T and it has been almost 6 weeks with no improvement.

Here is my new regimen

5:30 AM

Wash with Cetaphil

Apply Dalacin T

6PM

Wash with Clean and Clear foaming cleanser

Apply Dalacin T

9PM

Wash with Cetaphil

Apply Solugel (Benzol Peroxide) which is soon to be replaced by Clear Skin Regimen Gel

I also started to steam my face over a bowl of hot water and towel over head twice weekly as well as applying a natural mask consisting of oatmeal/yogurt/honey and egg white once a week.

I will give this a month or two and see if it helps. Is there anything anyone can suggest to help? My problem area is my neck.

What about Nature's Cure tablets? Are those worth a shot?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Wow, it seems like you are doing a lot of stuff to your face. .I know when I would get desperate and try all kinds of stuff my face would get more irritated and everything would seem to get worse, that's why Dan's regimen is nice. .it's simple. And as for the nature's cure. . I tried it for about 2 months and it did nothing. . I'm sure it really just depends on your skin type. etc. . Good luck!

Hi, ok, not sure where to start. I am 28 years old and just started breaking out again over the past few months. I had mild acne in High School, in which I used Dalacin T which cleared me up. I am now back on the Dalacin T and it has been almost 6 weeks with no improvement.

Here is my new regimen

5:30 AM

Wash with Cetaphil

Apply Dalacin T

6PM

Wash with Clean and Clear foaming cleanser

Apply Dalacin T

9PM

Wash with Cetaphil

Apply Solugel (Benzol Peroxide) which is soon to be replaced by Clear Skin Regimen Gel

I also started to steam my face over a bowl of hot water and towel over head twice weekly as well as applying a natural mask consisting of oatmeal/yogurt/honey and egg white once a week.

I will give this a month or two and see if it helps. Is there anything anyone can suggest to help? My problem area is my neck.

What about Nature's Cure tablets? Are those worth a shot?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have to agree with the user above that I do believe you might be doing too much to your face. I consider that you should maybe just wash your face twice a day only instead of three? Over washing might make your face worse. Cetaphil is a good clenser becaues its gentle to the face (I also use it because I have very sensitive skin). The best advice is to keep it simple and dont over do it. It takes lots of patience to see improvement though. Consider drinking lots of water and when using the BP, dab only on the active pimples instead of the whole face.

sounds like me! I used to do EVERYTHING and more to my face before I stumbled across dans regimen, Have you tried cleansing with the gentle cleanser for like 10 secs lightly 2 X's daily followed by the amount of bp (you start with less) Dan shows and moisturize twice also after the bp

I have been doing this for like maybe 4 days and I accually even got a compliment from my husband :) possibly working for me? I hope

but hey worth a try huh?

Hopefully i will clear up like the rest of the "lucky ones" have in a few months :)

emily

steam your face??

seriously now..

start with the clear skin regimen.

good luck.

p.s. food is supposed to be eaten, not rubben op your face :D

peace.