Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This might not be acne related but it is bothing the hect out of me. I duno what to call it really, its like a lil hole on the inside side of my mouth. Like a piece of my flesh is missing and its circular and I can see its white? Does anyone know what it is and how to treat it? Its pretty painful....even when im not doing anyhting.

its called your throat. jk. yea check a doc if u havent already but not to worry the white stuff might be infected i had a sore throat last year and then it turned into a canker sore out of no where i had white stuff too dont remember how it looked like but it went away in like a week

If it's a canker soar, try an oral pain reliever called Orabase by Colgate. It is a paste that temporarily numbs the area and it won't sting like some others might. Its awesome. Also this is a remedy my sister uses and she got it from 1 of the nurses at her job. Mix 1 tsp of liquid Benadryl and 1 tsp of Maalox. Gargle the mixture for about 20 seconds but on the area where the canker soar is located (do not swallow). This will also temporarily numb the area. (The liquid Benadryl will numb the area with the Antihistamine it contains and the Maalox will coat/shield in the Antihistamine. Although it's temporarily relieve, it's worth it because it works and any help from the sting/burning of a canker soar is great help.

anbesol is great. i used it when i had braces and sometimes when i have canker sores.. except the fun part is putting it all over your lips and tongue and having a numb face!!!! hahaaha

I hate canker sores. I'm for some reason I have been blessed with chronic canker sores since I was a kid. I always had a tube of oragel or ambesol in my bookbag. I found out that I'm hypersenstitve to the sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste about 8 years ago. I use a toothpase from Rembrant made for people who have this sensititvity, which is the most common cause of canker sores. Now I only get 1-2 a year (as opposed to 3-5 a week).

Try rinsing your mouth with warm salt water or put a little hydrogen peroxide on it a few times a day. It'll heal faster.