Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Many poeple we know with clear skin would say "I use nothing on my face.." or "Hmm, it just stays this way.."

Do you thinking piling on all this stuff that's supposed to help with our acne actually helps?

Are we just continuing to clog our pores...? Stuck in a cycle of cleansing and applying?

Replies and Thoughts welcome.

acnes genetics. they use nothing on their face and have no acne because thats the genes they inherited from mom and dad.

And for this whole conspiracy that all these acne products cause acne, every corporation isn't evil, acne is just a difficult condition to remedy.

acnes genetics. they use nothing on their face and have no acne because thats the genes they inherited from mom and dad.

And for this whole conspiracy that all these acne products cause acne, every corporation isn't evil, acne is just a difficult condition to remedy.

well...mine didn't come from my mom or dad..no one in my family has ever had bad acne or much less acne period.

I wonder the same thing too. I guess its part of our human nature. We want to depend on chemistry to heal our acne. The products are out there and the money is in our pockets. Simply leaving it alone is like allowing a colony of bacteria to settle and harvest on our faces! Not all of us are equipped with the natural immunities and defenses to combat acne like those with clear skin.

Everytime I apply my antibiotic topical, its like war time. Time to zap them and kill them all! I get a really good sense of accomplishment after applying my meds and I love waking up to good results. It's seriously a war and the redmarks is the aftermath.

well... here's my thought. First of all, I don't think the acne-medication industry didn't intend to put us into this loophole, but... here's the thing:

Some people here, or actually, a lot of people here on their 20s and above don't deserve to get acne, because their body's structure and hormonal balance should have been stable already, but because of medication and commercial products, and other small factors such as constant exposure to extreme temperature, and the sun, that the skin is constantly being altered and damaged, making it thinner (drying of skin), and even more prone to acne, and even worse - cancer.

Basically, our skin naturally, was structured for it to be able to control and maintain itself, just like how our body produces certain amount of hormones and etc to maintain homeostasis. It produces the optimum amount of moisture, and etc... Naturally, it's not flawful and acne prone. (There are exceptions however, just like some people are born without limbs, some people are born with a skin very prone to acne. Now, of course I took this into consideration so I wrote down on my first post who I believe would benefit the most from this (ie: people who have no acne anywhere else except their face))

Now, the problem with some of us is that we use SO much medications, chemicals, and etc at our mild or even low moderate acne that eventually and overtime, the chemicals contained on these products (BP included) destroy our skin structures. In analogy, it's just like bombarding a city to eliminate all the bad guys, but at the same time, killing innocent ones.

it's an excerpt from my thread here in General Acne sub-forum. There's A LOT more information regarding this, and guess what, I am now cure because of it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=40303

Also, acne isn't genetics, but skin structures, hormone balance, and etc that contribute to acne are, so... there is hope for many of you.

I have updates too, and here's my latest one:

1/11/06 UPDATE: Well... what can I say - I'm clear. Been clear for many months. I can officially say that my skin has finally recovered from all these chemical damages done from commercial products such as Pro-Activ, Murad, BP, and etc... I don't care about my skin anymore. I don't take care of it, don't look at it, and even go against my diet advices. Why? Because I never get BAD BREAKOUTS anymore, even when after eating boxes and boxes of chocolates, pizza, and spicy stuff. I'm glad I started this. It's been a struggle waiting paitiently and faithfully, but my God, it was worth it.

I wonder the same thing too. I guess its part of our human nature. We want to depend on chemistry to heal our acne. The products are out there and the money is in our pockets. Simply leaving it alone is like allowing a colony of bacteria to settle and harvest on our faces! Not all of us are equipped with the natural immunities and defenses to combat acne like those with clear skin.

Everytime I apply my antibiotic topical, its like war time. Time to zap them and kill them all! I get a really good sense of accomplishment after applying my meds and I love waking up to good results. It's seriously a war and the redmarks is the aftermath.

You are a brave one. I don't think I could let my acne live on my face without doing anything about it. It would be like having a rat live in my room, sleep in my bed with me at night, and just hope that it would die of starvation.

well... taking risks are what makes people millionaires right? in my case, taking this risk has given me the clear skin that I have right now (except for a few redmarks)

most of the topicals are antibiotics i dont see how that damages skin structure.

i dont really think ur basing ur argument on any medical knowledge or even a shred of arguable evidence.

I dont want to sound mean, but people too often look at medical problems in the wrong respect and it causes problems

Chemical damages? skin structure, hormonal balance, where else do u think it comes from?

you have to wash your face with at least soap because the bacteria on your face mix with oil and u cant remove that with water so u need a cleanser to remove it... :cool:

i read summet like this last week, so i came off everything, n now i take 2 zinc tablets twice a day. im clear!!! just try it, uve got nowt to lose....apart from ur acne! :D

Hmm...Well I normally dont have a HUGE problem with acne occasionally it flares up ( especially my chin) but I dont concentrate on it & I just do basic face wash ect....I have super LARGE pores & cant seem to get rid of blackheads no matter what I do.....But lately I got a pimple that is...What do you call it?One that is under the skin?..WELL I have one of those and actually I just got 2 more! Iv never had this many of that kind that were so big & painful!!!! :( I tried doing something that someone said & it did not work...It made it worse!So Im just going to wait awile & see if it will go away with my regular routine...They have before...But they never lasted this long...and now im afraid of scarring....Do you all think they may just ''go away''?

I guess I dont care about the acne on my face to much because its not super bad in my opinion (except right now!) I have Keratosis Pilaris which is sortof like having acne,bumpy,spiky,rough skin with allot of horrible looking ''dots'' all over your body.(in my case)

I have Keratosis Pilaris which is sortof like having acne,bumpy,spiky,rough skin with allot of horrible looking ''dots'' all over your body.(in my case)

What do you do for your KP? I have it on my upper arms and thighs. Shaving, scrubbing with a loofah, and moisturizer keep me pretty smooth, although I have to stay on top of it constantly.

Q