Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrei

School drop outs, unemployed, etc. because of acne

Past/Current Situation  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Did you leave your occupation because of acne?

• Yes, School drop out
    • Yes, Unemployed
    • Both
    • No

Anonymous poll, wondering about the board's demographic how many did leave their job or totally dropped out of school :think: Thanks

Guest · Jake ·

Dropped out but got my g.e.d. so it's all good. :) Glad I'm not stuck with the preps anymore.

i couldnt take it in college any more, i had too many emotional and personal problems due to acne that i just quit in my 3rd year.

I've stuck with it, and acne doesn't make it hard now, but I have had to attend class in the past with a quarter-sized cyst that would not stop oozing. It's disgusting. Literally, so much oil kept coming out that I soaked an entire square of toilet paper just in that one spot. Sorry for the details. Anyway, my desire not to have a life like my parents do outweighs any problems I have with my skin.

I dropped out of my senior year high school because of acne.

Worst decision ever.

I'm now back in school and even though my skin condition is way worse, I learn not to care. I get offended when people stare at my spots than my eye when talking with me.. but I try not to let those things discourage me.

I wouldnt even dare drop out of school.

Every day all my parents say is do well in school, be a doctor. If i said i didnt want to go to school they would be pretty angry.

i can never drop out of school because of something like acne. i will not let acne control my life. i will fight, and i will win. hooah!

Im not gonna stop goin to school because of my acne and also seeing how my brothers ended up since they dropped out of high school and didnt go to college.

I dropped out of high school, but it wasn't soley becuase of acne, although it had a good amount to do with it. It was more the fact that I smoked weed all the time and by the time I was suppose to be a junior, I was still a sophmore and I did not want to be the 5 year high school kid. I look back on it now and regret it quite a bit, but live and learn. I'm in college now so I'm not totally screwed.

Droped out but gopt my GED....Add me to the list.

Actually thinking about the military. I got a 84 in my Asvab so their letting me in with a GED>...Holla!

Guest quack

i can't drop out! i have to pay for college. money is tight. i can't waste.

Dropped out and now working a dead end job,in my case it has nothing to do with acne though, except maybe the dead end job- if i had confidence I'd try to do something with myself but its hard when you're self concious and apathetic - just getting dressed in the morning is a struggle.

There are other stuff that would concern me more than not going to school. Education is important and even if acne does look ugly its not like ppl will make fun of it cause they know it can occur anyone.

No way, the acne I had wasn't really that bad compared to some peoples on here i suppose and my friend had it worse so we were in the same boat. But I enjoyed high school and now college.. and being in education is better than working :razz:

No way, the acne I had wasn't really that bad compared to some peoples on here i suppose and my friend had it worse so we were in the same boat. But I enjoyed high school and now college.. and being in education is better than working :razz:

ya man! i agree,in my last year in college and lovin it, acne is bad but fuck it, im on accutane now so, should b a handsome motherfucker by june

ladies beware

There are other stuff that would concern me more than not going to school. Education is important and even if acne does look ugly its not like ppl will make fun of it cause they know it can occur anyone.

you have got to be kidding me right ???????????????????????????? i and others i knew with spots got bullied and had the piss taken out of them all the time at school !! name calling was the worst. :wall:

oh and jimbo..........yea mate thats the attitude you need.....shame i didnt ! goodluck with the college exams bro.