Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
almost there

My results for Dr. Lee's new AT solutions

For those of you not familiar with what Dr. Lee's AT solution is, first read this post: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=78918

First let me say that, as of right now, the results are inconclusive since I've only been using it for two days. But so far, so good.

I recieved these enigmatic mixtures in the mail a couple of days ago, which Dr. Lee so graciously mailed to me for free. The AT1 and AT2 solutions both consist of a clear liquid, which smell suspiciously like.... well like a swimming pool (does this stuff have clorine in it?) Probably not, but it sure smells like it.

According to the instructions you put a little of it into 2 gallons of water and dunk your head into it repeatedly, preferably with goggles. (Note to Dr. Lee-- if you want to eventually market this stuff, you will have to come up with an easier method of application. Maybe a face wash or something). Anyway, my sink is really nasty, so I ended up filling a large bowl with water instead, and adjusting the amount of solution. The process takes about 10 or 15 minutes.

So far the solution really does seem to be working. I highly doubt it is a magical cure-all (because there is no magic cure), but my face does seem less oily and less prone to flare-ups. No pimples so far. Again, it would be foolish to make any conclusions after just two days, so I will update this in a little bit. I don't have the internet at home, so I'll check back in about two days. More information to come. Let me know if yall have any questions.

Peace

Hey yall. I'm on day 4. Still so far so good. The swimming pool smell, and the fact that Dr. Lee won't disclose the ingredients at first made me nervous, but my skin hasn't had any bad reactions too it yet. I would have flushed it down the drain by now, if it had. Actually my skin feels incredibly clean after using the solution. It does dry it out just a little, but that can easily be fixed with moisterizer.

To put my experience in context, I'm 26 and have what would now be considered mild acne. It has actually been consistently moderate for a long time, but I have tamed it through various products, diet, and vitamins. I've tried many face washes, and so far Dr. Lee's works the best..... so far. The way I'm judging this isn't b/c the fact I haven't broken out in the 4 days I've been using it. It's because after using it, it takes my face about 3 or 4 hours before it gets oily again. Usually it takes only 20 minutes after washing for some oil to form on my nose. Hopefully it's not just the placebo effect. As I said, my acne is mild at this point, so 4 days still isn't enough time to make conclusions about it's effectiveness on acne. If I go for two or three weeks without a zit, then I'll be able to say with conviction that this is an amazing product. I'll keep you guys updated.

Also, before you guys say it, I know it's foolish to try things without knowing the ingredients, and I don't recommend it as a general practice. But Dr. Lee's write-up caught my interest, so I figured I'd give it a chance. Again, I would immediately dicontinue use if I had the slightest reaction to it.

Peace

After more than a week, I think that this stuff works pretty damn well. It is not a magic cure, but my skin feels like it's near impossible to form a pimple for about 5 hours after using the solution. My only complaints are the bleachy or clorine type smell, and the fact that Dr. Lee isn't releasing the ingredients. If this were marketed and the ingredients were released, I would buy it (assuming there aren't any harmful chemicals). Let me know if yall have any questions.

Peace

speaking of the smell I hear HYDROGEN PEROXIDE is really good if you put it on and leave it for like 5 minutes...in a way they smell the same...so I'm trying that and apple cider vingaer

Question: "So your face is less oily then?"

Answer: It is considerably less oily, but only for a few hours after using the solution. For instance, I've been using the solution once a day in the evenings. For the rest of the night after using it, my face feels clean and oil-free. But in the morning and day-time, its about how it usually is. I could conclude then, that this solution works considerably better than almost any facewashes, but is by no means a cure for acne.

As far as the smell, I'm convinced there's a small amount of chlorine in the mixture. I have no idea why he would put that in it, but it probably doesn't do any harm.

Peace

Question: "So your face is less oily then?"

Answer: It is considerably less oily, but only for a few hours after using the solution. For instance, I've been using the solution once a day in the evenings. For the rest of the night after using it, my face feels clean and oil-free. But in the morning and day-time, its about how it usually is. I could conclude then, that this solution works considerably better than almost any facewashes, but is by no means a cure for acne.

As far as the smell, I'm convinced there's a small amount of chlorine in the mixture. I have no idea why he would put that in it, but it probably doesn't do any harm.

Peace

Until now, I am not surprise your result accoriding to my experience on AT. Don't guess what ingredients is. As I said before, I will tell the puzzle in the future after everything settled down. DON'T try anything depends on guessing please, I don't want anybody get hurt because that!

The functions of AT for treating acne are focusing on three factors on which the current hypothesis of causing acne is besed.

1. Dissolving lipid, included fatty acids and cholesterols etc., which is the primary material consisting of comedones, (check the message I posted before). As you keeping use AT, most microcomedones will be remove it and therefore acne will disappeared.

2. Mild exfoliation, so called normalizing skin, oil will cause dead cells, debris to adhere to surface of skin. This kind of skin is biased to block secreting canal of sebum and to be comedogenic. After removing this extra cornified layer of skin, the opportunity of forming comedones will be gone.

3. Killing P. acnes, P. acnes is the primary bacteria which cause the inflammatory lesion. That is why you could see your pimples gone after using AT a couple of days.

I prepared this solutions based on this popular hypothesis of acne. I tried and modified it. It is not mature yet as final product, but at least it can be used as efficiently and safely.

Righ now, less oil on the face temporily is just what you can see, but actually your skin is getting shine and smooth since very mild exfoliation effect of AT. until reaching one point (depends on individual's skin condition), oil still there, but no pimple flare up anymore since factors of blockage of canal of sebum secretion has been removed.

I jusf feel that you probably are one week away to be cured, after then, you could eith adjust the interval of treatment or reducing amount of AT solution. we will discuss that then. :whistle:

Good luck

After 2 1/2 weeks of use, Dr. Lee's solutions have really helped my complection. It hasn't totally eliminated my acne, but it the few pimples I have gotten are smaller and go away quicker. Most noticable is the reduction in oil production.

Dr. Lee has been very helpful in writing me, and he still swears it will eventually eliminate my acne altogether (he has very high hopes). Based on my results so far, I hope to continue to use this solution. Anyone else out there tried it? Let us know your results.

Peace