Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was just curious, that maybe my shampoo and conditioner were aiding my acne. i was using finesse my whole life until about the age of 11 and then i switched to V05. i had no problems with that but i can't pinpoint the exact age but i would say around 11 or 12 i switched again to Pantene ProV smooth and sleek shampoo and condition. About that time i started geting pimples on my forehead. I have been using pantene ever since, and it just occured to me that maybe that's what iritating my skin. I'm 15 now, so maybe it was just puberty and stuff but i'm desperate to kick my acne. I know i'm most likely grasping at straws but if anyone can give my some advice i would aprecciate it. My acne isn't severe, many whiteheads on the forhead, cheeks(which just got really bad recently) and occasional on the chin.

could contribute, but at that age it's hard to know that it isnt hormones or something else. However, Pantene has lots of silicones in it, which do cause acne problems in some people, so perhaps try going back to VO5 or Finesse or something which doesnt have so many ingredients which end in 'cone' (like dimethiCONE, for example) and see if that helps.

i dont think shampoo&cond. is the main cause but it would contribute.. i read the best thing 2 do re shamp.cond.etc. is to:

shampoo as normal

then apply the conditioner only on half-end length of ur hair..so not near ur forhead/scalp..

rinse well and put in a bun

THEN make sure 2 wash ur face..to get rid of any conditioner/etc off ur skin.

towel dry & wulahhh

also 2 reg change ur pillow slips.

i used to get zits on my forhead but since growing my fringe and tying it off my face..&following that routine..i dont get any there anymore. :dance:

I agree, it could be anything causing your acne but I'd definately give pantene a break anyway, you never know. It used to give a rash at the back of my neck and behind my ears even though my hair's always tied back.

Yeah, I used to use Redken Fash Wash and Active Express? Conditioner (whatever they were called, it was the fast drying line) and I was actually allergic to something in it -- my face, and especially my forehead broke out in huge cysts when I used it, even if I kept it off of my face, hairline, and washed my face after using the shampoo/cond, so there is a slight possibility that it is the shampoo. That said though, my skin's not perfectly clear on it's own now, but at least I dont get like 5 cysts on my forehead everyday. I even stopped using the shampoo and conditioner, came back to it a few years later and had the same reaction, and so did my dad when he tried it but not my mom. Dunno what the ingredient was, but it didn't agree with us.

hm ive thought this too. i dont know about my shampoo but i do think that if i condition after i wash my body that i tend to break out a bit on my back where my hair hits or the conditioner washes off at.