Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ers

acne is sooooo last season

I'm not sure if this is how you start a log but I didnt see any specific instructions on how to do that...so I think this is right. I just took my first preggers test to make sure I was negative and I didnt know what the hell I was doing so I just peed all over the thing- there really werent any instructions it just said to add a few drops of urine to the circle so I figured if I just peed on it it would work. Well....the control line never showed up so I think I ruined it. But I told my derm that it was negative because although I am sexually active I am on the pill and besides- they will check again in two weeks before they give it to me. Blah blah blah. So i havent started yet officially- but I wanted to have a log like everyone else so i could feel special So look for my posts and lets get some good topics going. They dont have to all deal with accutane...but I was wondering if most people take the generic or the real thing.

Much love,

ERS

--------------------

ERS

Alright

I feel like that last post was kinda gross since I talked about peeing all over things. I still havent started yet, but I am super excited about buying all the goodies for accutane because I love to spend money. Here is my list of things to buy: (Sorry if this is boring but its my log and i can write whatever i want)

humidifier

aquaphor

cetaphil lotion, face lotion and cleanser bar

eye cream ( i think my eyelids might get dry because that is very sensitive skin)

fish oil capsules (because from what I read it helps with joint pain)

eye drops- the gel kind (yes they make a gel kind)

nasal spray

I think thats it. I know that putting on globs of vaseline at night will help- especially on the feet if you wear socks.

I think the most exciting part about accutane is that you know your body is going to change. I know its not exciting that its going to get all dry- but its rare that you can plan ahead for change because you know it will happen once you start taking some pills. I guess its kind of like gastric bypass surgery or something...you know you will start a long process of changing who you are.

Alright, thats all for now. thanks for looking. And don't be too scared to post something.

--------------------

ERS

Yo ERS, am loving your posts already. Cheered me up no end. Keep 'em coming!

Sounds like you're a Brit?! Go for it girl.

I have to agree with mr tom. i LOVE your post. You just seem like a hilarious person. I really never knew they made gel eye drops though...or that you can put vaseline on your feet..in your socks! And I'm just curious...do Fish Oil capsules actually taste like fish? Or..can you smell it or anything? One more thing, how old are you?

Good stuff, Ers... :cool: Yeah I know what you mean about people being on accutane, I remember telling a couple of people about accutane and they were like "yeah I was on that and so was my brother/uncle/lover" etc.

Fish oil capsules don't taste like fish oil unless you burst them, but when you burp it's revolting. :naughty:

Hey guys! I am so excited that people not only READ my posts, but replied! It means a lot to me. I learned SO much from this site that I think that should be our goal- learn more about each other, more about accutane remedies and such and most important- learn about ourselves.

Mr. Tom- as much as I would love to say I live in a flat, go to university and hook up with lots of bloddy blokes- I am actually from the most snobby idiotic country that is always fucking the world up: AMERICA.

So no, I am not a brit. But I must get one thing straight- and I am sorry if this means I get no posts after I say this- but I think George W. Bush is the STUPIDEST president we have ever had and I hate him so much I almost find it comical. :evil::evil: I have a very hard time understanding conservative people- and since its my fucking log- I want to bring up a few issues I have with conservatives.

Abortion- I'm 22 and I dont want a fucking baby yet. What I choose to do with my body is my choice. Why should the government MAKE me keep it, when they don't even offer money or support to ensure the child gets the life it deserves.

Gay marriage- WTF??? I just dont understand why people have a problem with two people who love each other very dearly getting married. Who cares what sex they are! That has nothing to do with the sanctity of marriage or whatever that bullshit statement conservatives always give. If you love someone, you should legally be able to declare it and receive equal benefits to hetero married couples.

I think those are my two most heated debates now. Oh and that I think its CRAZY that we are in war right now! People have those "support our troops" magnets on their cars and shit. YEA SUPPORT THEM BY BRINGING THEM HOME TO THEIR LOVED ONES!!!!

See..I told you guys we wouldnt just talk about accutane. Today I am going to buy the stuff on that list. I posted earlier and this greatly excites me. Especially since I am so used to buying embarassing "Acne Wash" or Salicylic acid for "Clear skin" Ya know. Like do they HAVE to call it ACNE WASH??????? Its like..yea i try to wash the acne away with this..but as you can all tell it doesnt work. Now I get to buy products for people whose skin really doesnt need any help- some fragrance free la-di-da-di lotions and potions.

JLRM- Did fish oil capsules work for you? Are they fattening since you are eating an oil?? I mean who wants to swallow fat without enjoying it? Hmm....Alright again i apologize if I lost half my viewing audience...but I do live in a free country or something.

Much love!

I will write soon! :wub:

"A free country or something"

Ha, your post is really funny. And you are totally right, although I don't usually give opinions cos I'm a foreign student. I have found that conservatives here seldom practice what they preach; coming from the most conservative school ever (well almost, more like a finishing school really) it's sickening to see rich, conservative brats being all judgmental and high and mighty while getting drunk and snorting crack and pissing in the hallways of their stupid clubs naked.

If you saw the stuff "elite society" is made of.... :doubt: Of course, it's no better in many other countries, mine included. But I'm not here to stay anyways! London, here I come!

Anyway, fish oil isn't going to make you fat, cos it has like 1% of your total fat requirements per capsule or something. And it's just like swallowing a pill, so I guess if you enjoy that kind of thing, you'll enjoy eating fish oil.

In a poll conducted by Mr Tom, Ers' posts were considered the best on this website. For this survey, Mr Tom asked himself.

Shopping for moisturiser was such a surreal experience today. Like you said, no more approaching the check-out with armfulls of hocus-pocus 'clear skin in 1 minute' creams and washes. Being a bloke and never having rubbed moisturiser into any part of my body ( :shifty: ), I felt like a drug dealer taking the stuff up to the check-out. Am going to do my Mr Tom experiment with it tonight, under the cover of darkness. Am rather enjoying the mild peeling at the mo, as it's something to do to pass the time :D .

Without setting the cat among the pigeons, I'm in total agreement with you about all things political. You have a great and mighty country, a beautiful country, but I wish your leader (and his flock) looked up the words humble and modest in the dictionary. On second thoughts, does Bush own a dictionary? :D Sorry, couldn't resist a stab...

Ers; do you want to swap climates? In Wales it is DARK and WET. About as much chance of a suntan as America has at winning 'World's Most Gentle Coutry 2006'. Sorry, another one...

Keep us updated,

Mr Tomx

Being a bloke and never having rubbed moisturiser into any part of my body

Am going to do my Mr Tom experiment with it tonight, under the cover

as it's something to do to pass the time

and nothing to be ashamed of.

Guest been13years

Ers-

Just read all your posts and have to chime in on the lovefest. This site needs more supportive people with a sense of humor! Best of luck with Accutane, I plan on asking for it at my next appointment in two weeks. Do you use the Cetaphil moisturizer without the SPF? Like, the one in the green tube with petrolatum and sweet almond oil and stuff? Because it would totally rock my socks if I could be on Accutane and put a real moisturizer on my face instead of something spf 70.

:cool:

Hey guys

Today is the day I go get my final bloodwork and hopefully I am not knocked up- because that would kinda be a damper on the day and then I would have to see a totally different kind of doctor. But anyway, all things aside I am sure it will go well . My derm never said anything about cholesterol levels or anything like that- so maybe she will asess it after I get the blood work done. But I must admit I am kinda confused as to what I do after I get the bloodwork done- are they going to be sending it? Will I be getting a call? Hmm....we shall see.

What else- to: been 13 years- well- I actually bought (but havent really started using) generic cetaphil- but it is generic of the kind that is just the moisturizer- the no almond oil or petroleum- but it has macadamia nut oil in it. The ingredients are identical to those of cetaphil- same order and all- and it was half the price. I had NO idea cetaphil products were so expensive!! I also don't understand how there can be macadamia nut oil in it but the product remains non-codmogenic or whatever that word is that I must check is on EVERY product I ever put on my face. I guess its not oil free- but I suppoes that kind of oil doesnt clog pores.

So....the other day this girl came to my store ( my parents own this awesome store where I live and we sell pipes and water pipes for smoking various things out of (if you catch my drift) but we also sell mens and womens clothing (designer jeans, billabong, roxy, hurley, etc) and womens and mens shoes. We also sell uggs- which people either hate or love. (i'm a lover)

okay--that was off the subject-- so anyhoo- this girl came in my store and she had THE worst skin- well not the worst- becacuse I cant judge that- but really really bad skin and she wasn't wearing makeup or anything like that- just raw skin and red pimples everywhere. And SOOO bad I wanted to slip her a note- not so she would be embarassed in front of me or anything- that said "accutane is a miracle drug. You should check into it"

Would that be rude? I mean yea she would probably never come in my store again because she would be so embarassed, but I know she suffers inside- who doesnt that has skin like that! SO i feel like I would be giving her the strength and courage to try it.

When I look back myself- I have thought about accutane for like a year- and I was too scared to bring it up to my boyfriend, or my family, or even the dermatologist. I was almost insulted that she recommended it because I didn't think my skin was that bad. And it isnt terrible- but I always have pimples and red marks- always I dont remember having a clear face in YEARS! I hate going swimming because all my makeup melts off my face and then everyone can see the real me. My boyfriend really doesnt want me to go on it- but he usually seees me with make up and that is THE ONLY WAY I could ever go out in public. SO he doesnt understand what its like to just want to be me! ANd just wake up and hang out all day and only put makeup on if I want to- not because I am self conscious without it. I know guys probably dont understand that- but its hard wearing makeup because I can fool myself into thinking my skin isnt that bad- and then I wash it all off at nite and Im like whoa--- I could NEVER survive without make up.

So I think we should all post goals we have after we are done with accutane and have clear skin. Mine is to go out in public with NO make up on. No concealor, no foundation, no powder. And to feel comfortable. And that people are looking at my face and not my zits. I want to hear if you guys have any goals like that. I just feel like suddenly I am about to be soo free.

Much love to all my supporters and I offer you as much support as any online friend can give. Please write on my board! It makes me feel special (that was a desperate attempt I know- but I love hearing what others have to say) without this site- I would still be fantasizing about accutane.

-ERS

Very nice little journal you have going on here. I'm not going to comment what everyone has already said, but at least you've got a good outlook on this whole thing. You don't seem to be having minor conniptions over how fast or how much this will do, and that's a relief.

Looking forward to keeping up to date with you.

Hola Ers,

Just checking in and saying hello. Am starting to get that 'freedom' thing you mentioned, as I wake up, wash my face, rub in a bit of moisturiser and get out of the house. Same at night - well, not getting out of the house, but you know what I mean. No lotions and potions. Not so much thinking about my face during the day. Freedom to just be. Sounds cheesy, but it's true. Not had a deep cyst now in over a week or something, and it's blimmin' brilliant. Whiteheads, yes, but compared to the monsters of before, I don't care. Really hope that you get your sense of liberation soon from tane.

As ever, across the miles,

Mr T

Hey guys! I am so excited that people not only READ my posts, but replied! It means a lot to me. I learned SO much from this site that I think that should be our goal- learn more about each other, more about accutane remedies and such and most important- learn about ourselves.

Mr. Tom- as much as I would love to say I live in a flat, go to university and hook up with lots of bloddy blokes- I am actually from the most snobby idiotic country that is always fucking the world up: AMERICA.

So no, I am not a brit. But I must get one thing straight- and I am sorry if this means I get no posts after I say this- but I think George W. Bush is the STUPIDEST president we have ever had and I hate him so much I almost find it comical. :evil: :evil: I have a very hard time understanding conservative people- and since its my fucking log- I want to bring up a few issues I have with conservatives.

Abortion- I'm 22 and I dont want a fucking baby yet. What I choose to do with my body is my choice. Why should the government MAKE me keep it, when they don't even offer money or support to ensure the child gets the life it deserves.[/b]

Gay marriage- WTF??? I just dont understand why people have a problem with two people who love each other very dearly getting married. Who cares what sex they are! That has nothing to do with the sanctity of marriage or whatever that bullshit statement conservatives always give. If you love someone, you should legally be able to declare it and receive equal benefits to hetero married couples.

I think those are my two most heated debates now. Oh and that I think its CRAZY that we are in war right now! People have those "support our troops" magnets on their cars and shit. YEA SUPPORT THEM BY BRINGING THEM HOME TO THEIR LOVED ONES!!!!

See..I told you guys we wouldnt just talk about accutane. Today I am going to buy the stuff on that list. I posted earlier and this greatly excites me. Especially since I am so used to buying embarassing "Acne Wash" or Salicylic acid for "Clear skin" Ya know. Like do they HAVE to call it ACNE WASH??????? Its like..yea i try to wash the acne away with this..but as you can all tell it doesnt work. Now I get to buy products for people whose skin really doesnt need any help- some fragrance free la-di-da-di lotions and potions.

JLRM- Did fish oil capsules work for you? Are they fattening since you are eating an oil?? I mean who wants to swallow fat without enjoying it? Hmm....Alright again i apologize if I lost half my viewing audience...but I do live in a free country or something.

Much love!

I will write soon! :wub:

Don't sleep around then if you don't want a baby...problem solved and you won't have to worry about it

Guest been13years

Thanks for the info, Ers- I went ahead and bought the tube of Cetaphil. I'll use it as an eye cream, but mostly I bought it in anticipation that I will be prescribed Accutane on Tuesday. Keep us updated on your progress! Keep being funny!

Don't sleep around then if you don't want a baby...problem solved and you won't have to worry about it

EXCUSE ME?? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????? I have been dating the same person for three years and I dont need to hear your fucking bullshit. You are officially NOT allowed to read my posts. And besides- celibacy is not the only answer to not being a teen mom.

You are a seriously funny chick... I can't imagine anyone NOT loving you!

I can't wait until you get your first prescription filled.. it is seriously fun popping your first pill, knowing that you are finally on your way. I'll keep track of your progress - I am so excited for you! :)

Love your journal! I think people who have had bad acne tend to have a WAAAAAY better sense of humor than clear-faced a-holes. Don't you think? We learn fast that you have to make people see past the crap on our face and love us from the inside. People who are flawless-looking tend to be so much more judgemental and find that they get attention even if they are unfriendly or snooty.

Moral of the story: People with acne are perfect inside....until accutane can make then perfect on the outside too! Pretty cool huh?

By the way, I know this may be dangerous, but I totally aggree with you about all the political stuff. STOP MAD COWBOY DISEASE!!! What a loser. I live in Alabama after growing up in Baltimore so it's really hard to be SURROUNDED by people who can't step out of the box. Luckily there are a lot of people here where I live who agree with us. I too, am so embarassed that the Brits and other Europeans will think we ALL support Bush. NOT TRUE!!!!!!! Please have a little faith that at least half of this country (probably a LOT more, now) are furious and disgusted.

Anyway...Good luck with your Accutane!

Hey guys! Thanks for reading ...always nice to have an audience. So I am on day three today of the tane. I am actually taking claravis and it wasnt insanely expensive (150.00 after insurance) The prescrption lady..or pharmacist... whatever...said she has seen accutane (the real deal) cost up to $1000!!! Thats for ONE MONTH!And I found out that it costs more the higher dosage you take. I started out on 20 mgs. A lot of people are like "I wish I could take 80 right now five times a day" I dont really feel that way. For some reason I am okay with it being gradual seeing as how I have hated my skin for years...whats a few more months. I don't feel super dry or anything- and I am kinda nervous about what I will look like in a few days/weeks. I know I cant expect it to all of suden be dry- but I think that dry will be the least of my worries. I keep reading about skin that looks waxy and how there is a huge initial break out. That will suck! My acne is always pretty much the same- I mean there are bad days and good days- but for the most part I can cover it up with makeup and get out the door without wanting to wear a bag over my head. But a bad breakout could be really depressing. My derm said she prefers to start people on 20 mgs instead of 50 because she believes the initial break out is less intense. Whatever. She also told me that both her and another derm in their office were on accutane. That made me feel so much better! She has gorgeous skin so I cant imagine her having to take accutane. I wonder if thats what inspired her to be a derm....anyhoo.

A very interesting thing I have learned is that a LOT more people have taken accutane than you think. I found out my boyfriend, who I was terrified to tell I was gettin on it, was on accutane in H.S. And his best friend. And then I found out one of my friends was on it and her guy friend. I am still not comfortable telling anyone I am on it- except my boyfriend and my parents- since they are paying. Its just not anyones biz but my own. Ya know? And even for those who havent taken accutane there are A TON of people with beautiful skin who are using retin a, tazorac, etc....ya know prescription medicines or topical creams for their face. So dont believe that EVERYONE who has clear skin works was just born with it. It truly is something a lot of people have to work on. Besides- I always feel worse for those who have flawless skin and then they get one big zit--- I prefer my situation where I have a few so they kinda all blend in as part of my face. HA HA. Alright guys, I am sure half of you saw the length and bolted to a better message board. Sorry!

To my donkey friends (code for democrats) keep up the faith that one day our country wont be run by conservative assholes.

Much love,

ERS

Oh, and I love your name "NO I dont have the chickenpox" I remember when I would babysit the kids would be like "whats on your face" I was like..um...bug bites. Or sometimes the girl I currently babysits for is like "you have a boo boo on your face" UGH. Kids can be SO brutally honest!

ur a idiot... i agree with the other dude to keep ur legs closed.... i bet ur fat slut lookin for a hand out like all the other libs.... i hope accutane makes ya real depressed so either you or ur loyal b/f haha will kill ya

love ya,

Matt

EXCUSE ME?? WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE????? I have been dating the same person for three years and I dont need to hear your fucking bullshit. You are officially NOT allowed to read my posts. And besides- celibacy is not the only answer to not being a teen mom.

fuck you...

Even if you are sleeping with the same person everytime...Don't get pregnant then if your not ready for it, simple as that... just doesn't make sense...

Hello

well I must admit that I take that offensively that you think I look like chelsea clinton because no offense to my man Bill...but she isnt exactly what I consider attractive and she has very curly hair. So no, I don't look anything like chelsea clinton. I have long striaght hair and its streaked red and blonde..but dont worry its not trashy or anything like that. Okay. Enough about chelsea and my streaked hair. I would like to post pics but that sounds lilke a lot of work.

But back to accutane. So I have been on it for almost a month and I have noticed no difference. And no I dont mean that I expected to have clear skin- but I DID expect to have dry skin all over, chapped lips, dry eyes, dry nose, etc etc etc. I bought EVERYTHING to be prepared and now I feel kinda stupid because its all just stitting in the bag and I havent used it once. So I dont know. I do use the humidifier but I also live in Co so its super dry here.

how long did it take you guys to have "symptoms"? My lips are kinda dry ...but then again its dry here and the air is thin. ANd its -5 degrees right now. Yes NEGATIVE..as in there are NO degrees. I am only on 20mg a day which is just about the lowest dose you can be on, but I was all ready to be all dry and now I am like waiting. But I guess thats better than telling you guys my skin is peeling off.

What else...I guess thats about it.

I see a lot of people view this...but not too many write back.