Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
minds_i

Foods for bulking up

I've all but got rid of my acne now using B5 and healthy eating, but i've also gotten a bit on the thin side. Can anyone recommend some acne-friendly foods to help me gain some extra weight?

Thanks.

There's not many acne friendly foods that help you bulk up.

Because bulking up requires high testestrone levels, and testestrone aids production in oil, therefore you break out more. I do recommend eating a lot of chicken breast.

If you are thin, eat anything you see in sight.

yeah i have a problem with keeping up the weight i wanna be at... i like organic raw egg yolk, i use liberal amount of extra virgin oil, these are good fats and good chlosterol in raw egg yolk, if you can afford sashimi that would help alot for skin and muscle gain. The things im testing now is eating carbs and what works best for me i eat them seperately with evo and eggs though. just so i get the right nutrition without the carbs inhibiting such vitamins and minerals. im still a work in progress my best bet is get a nutional book that would be suite your needs.

for the carbs i eat granola cereal its high in calories 220 calories with about an even amount of protein, fat, and carbs and not so high in fiber. and i got brown rice ill see how that works for me. another high carlorie food is peanutbutter but dont get the partially hyrdronated kind. and i also eat alot of nuts mostly brazil nuts.

the main thing to gain weight is eat healthy and find a system to count ur calories where its more then you burn of course. im gonna check out some books at barnes n noble. you need to strength train to gain muscle which weighs more then fat. umm i think they say if you gain around a pound a week your on the right track. oh yeah work out your legs more then anything ur body is like a pyramid

if anyone else has anything post please

Thanks for the tips. The only thing I don't really eat out of that stuff is eggs, so I might try getting some orgainic ones and adding those into my diet.

I should also add that i've been lifting weights too. Doing like 30 minute sessions 4-5 times a week. Weight lifting raises testosterone levels which, according to many people, should make my acne worse. But i've been doing this for around a month now and haven't really had a single spot in that time. I guess while on the B5 i'm pretty safe. I still look a bit scrawny, but hopefully if I can keep it up i'll be able to gain a bit of weight and stay acne free. Fingers crossed.

While egg whites contain a benefical enzyme called albumen, the actual egg yolk is bad for you. Just eat the white.

I recommend Sylvester Stallones instone products for packing on the bulk. They're pretty acne friendly and it's what i love to use.

Hmmm i'm not sure i'd trust anything with Sylvester Stallone's name on it lol. But good luck to you if they're working for you.

Why not? The product is proven to work, he's recently started up a lifechange challenge and you can see real before and after results.

Sylvester Stallone is a very respectable guy especially when it comes to body nutrition.

He's been fat in Copland

Skinny in Lords of the Flatbush

Average in Rocky 1/2

Muscley in Rocky 3/4

The guy is so commited he even goes to a health site forum www.prosource.net to give people free health advise. If you don't believe his products will work then you're being foolish as he is walking proof.

as i'm a girl i dont know much about bulking up, but my boyfriend's big into weightlifting so i get to hear all about his 'routine' all the time lol. eat a lot and lift really heavy weights, do some cardio [like jumping rope or stationary bike] but not an excess. he says there's good advice in arnold schwartenegger's books so maybe check those out. also apparently being muscular isnt something you can do casually you really have to be committed. it wont work if you work out sporadically. lift like 5 times a week.

depends what you wanna achieve but high protien will give you muscle. carbs can make you fat if not burnt off properly. one thing that people dont understand is you dont need fat to gain size and muscle. you just need to feed your muscle protien. here is a quik list that i can think of for gaining size and muscle but work out.

-turkey chicken breast steak tuna salmon egg whites if ur skinny eat the yolks too. anything high in protien coz you dont wanna bulk up by being a fat person.

if you wanna bulk up get active by doing weights this will make you wanna eat more also. just dont eat junk food. vitamins are important and still eat greens to keep you healthy. too much carbs is the best way to get fat. remember saturated and trans fat are bad for you but many other fats are actually good for you. hopefully this helped as iv started working out in the last 2 weeks and 2 of my best friends have been working out for years. i hear this shit all the time. diet is probably more important than working out. . good luck

also if your doing cardio do high explosive movements like sprints ect. if you do low explosive cardio this can take size from you.

oh yeh try not to eat much bread this is just a waste of room in your stomache. also each meal you muscle can only consume a certain amount of protien

do not lift 5 times a week to start you will over train and cause injury. or you will not give your muscle time to repair. start of with circuit training 3 times a week to give your self a good foundation as this is what starts you and will determine later how symetrical your body id. then after say 1-3 months start 4 times a week. you need to give your muscles time to repair. high protien speeds this process up.

Okay, well thanks, there's tons to consider there.

It looks like eating more protein and lifting weights is the way to go. I'm not aiming to look like Arnie or Sylvester Stallone, as long as I can gain a bit of mass i'll be happy. Thanks people.

yes there is so much to consider too thats why so many people have different theorys on how to get big. everyone is different but yes protien is important for everyone. make sure you are shown how to lift weights and have a proper program

if your gonna eat a balance diet and know whats going in then raw egg yolk is great for you. i cook the white and drain yolk out of the pouch i get about 2 in half tablespoons out of the yolk. the chlosterol is the good kind which helps the brain function, not to mention about everything in the yolk is good for your skin like vit E and sulfur its one of the topics on this board something that 90% of americans dont get enough of and its a good % of our body. the sat fat is only like 1.5 grams. the protein is about half of white and yolk and the protein is essential (your body cant produce on its on) amino acids this is what makes muscles grow not protein if you didnt have amino acids then your protein would go to waste and pee it out. and organic egg also has 25% less chlosterol. cooking the yolk kills the vital nutrients and the molecules in the chlosterol change and go to bad chlosterol. cooking changes everything. here is a link on the egg http://www.e2necc.com/egg-index.html. ofcourse id researched about eating raw egg yolk about testing it if its healthy for eating not to mention your body will become immune to the trace amount of salmonella just research it. ofcourse if you eat alot of high chlosterol food then dont waste your time thats why i said balance diet. and as for saturated fats in nuts, seeds, legumes and veggies these are far less lethal then animal sat fats