Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iGabe

Buying Complex 15 in Canada & Avoiding Fake Imations!

I'm in Montreal, Quebec, Canada right now. I've found it impossible to find the REAL Complex 15. If you use it, you can probably understand why I'm so desperate for it. Hoping this post might save someone else time and maybe get another poster with ideas.

Avoiding Imation Complex 15: A few days ago I was thrilled to have found Complex 15 in a small little pharmacy, but when I got home and tried it, all it took was squeezing it out of the tube to realize it was different. This explained why the bottle and packaging was entirely different! The consistency is very different, and spreading the cream involved lots of work to get rid of the whiteness... proof it isn't the real thing, as the real thing just WORKS, almost instantly. (correct product looks like http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...x=29384&tab=0#0 )

Upon more research online, and reading the fine print on the bottle(doh!) I realized it was a "licenced" imation. I'm guessing that the real manufactuer (Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc.) is avoiding distributing their real Complex 15 in this part of Canada (all of Canada?) for some reason. For the record I don't doubt it is legitly licenced, as this product is unfortunately still better than the closest available alternative. While it has the same incredients, it must be mixed differently because it works differently. Oh well.

Finding an online store shipping Complex 15 to Canada is hard. I've spent several hours in total doing this. While I've certainly found a few stores now, all of them have a minimum shipping charge of roughly $20-30. Also doesn't help that most of them say delivery may take 10-18 days

My search so far has found only 2 stores: http://www.Drugstore.com and http://www.Alleonpharmacy.net

So at this point, I'm going to try a couple more pharmacies around here. If I don't find within the next couple days, I'll be forced to pay big bucks to get this shipped to Canada.

Hope this helps someone.

I live in Toronto Canada.

And they actually still have this product in a drug store called Main Mart and some Pharmacy stores.

It costs about $12-15 for them. Check around i'm sure they have it!!

Good Luck...

I live in Toronto Canada.

And they actually still have this product in a drug store called Main Mart and some Pharmacy stores.

It costs about $12-15 for them. Check around i'm sure they have it!!

Good Luck...

Thanks iceboi. I hadn't checked out Main Mark, really wish one was closer. http://www.maindrugmart.com/location.asp lists no locations close to here. :doh:

Since my posting I asked around and visited several more pharmacies, but no luck. All have the imation stuff. My friend (who has joined me in my quest) thinks that by licensing the formula, the imitation distrubutor may have a non-compete agreement with the actual Complex 15 company (for Montreal/Quebec, at least). This would explain why nobody has anything but the fake version, but this is purely speculating.

Anyhow, last night just gave in and spent $22.50 on USPS shipping for http://www.alleonpharmacy.net/ to ship directly to my door. I figure they are in NY so it hopefully won't take too terribly long :)

Cheers.

Yeah...it sux that they don't carry it in Canada. I live in Nova Scotia, and theres not much of ANYTHING here concerning certain skin care products like eucerin and Complex 15. Right now I have "Complex 15 Daily Face Cream"...immitation but it works ok for now. Still I wonder what the good stuff is like...never had the honor in trying it. lol

YES!!

They do carry it in CANADA!! I'm in TORONTO and they have it at most drug marts here. Most of them are more privately owned pharmacies which means only one pharmacy in the city without any other chains of the same stores.

If i'm right you are looking for Complex 15 Moisturizer the one in the box right? They have a lot of the other which is in a small very small tube and says complex 15 that one looks the imitation. But i've seen them in the boxes at stores the original one. They have 2 kinds!! come to Toronto and get them there's plenty!!!!

I went to Main Drug Mart, but they have the 'imitation' brand.

Went to shoppers, also the imitation one.

Anyone know where else the 'real' one can be found in Toronto/Markham/Richmond Hill area?

Yeah this is over a year old, where is iceboi? Please tell us the exact stores you saw them at :P

lol I just checked eBay, just over $6 but $19 for shipping wtf