Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bighouse1

Questions about initial outbreak on Accutane....

I have posted here before and am sorry if I'm kinda repeating myself but got a few questions...My acne is under control on benzaclin but definitely I'm not clear...few blemishes but many little blackheads and little tiny bumps under my skin, when I squeeze them snakes come out...so that's why I want to get accutane!

As for the initial outbreak, I know some people don't get it but others do....when does it usually start? will my face look really bad; like cysts can erupt because I never had cysts maybe only like 7-8 from 10 years of acne...? and how long does it last?

I see that some people report that still breaking out on accutane even after months on use but they had bad acne to begin with I don't it but my skin just looks old from all that oil, blackheads etc.

If you're on benzaclin, you don't need accutane.

Month 3 on medium dosaeg of accutane and I'm breaking out like I have never broken out before.. It's crazy.. You can't even imagine..

Ok Ac3 I see you have posted on a lot of threads and others dissing you because you are pissed about accutane since it's not working for you. I understand you are pissed but I need to know some things because I want camparisons too while I'm at it. I'm 19 1/2 years old, male, acne since 11 and it's now mild-to moderate or even moderate if I don't use benzaclin. What about you. How was it before accutane?

Truth is, i'm not pissed off, I see hundreds of posts with people bitching that their doctor won't let them go on Accutane. It fucks you up more than you can imagine.

Here's a piece of my history.

1 Year ago i was on Benzaclin. Almost completely clear with really mild acne. 1-2 Zits a week.

In May, my doctor said i'm "Cured", so he took me off Benzaclin. I started breaking out and it got pretty bad. Doc put me on antibiotics for 3 months. I was clear again.. Once i went off antibiotics it got moderate.

After 2 weeks off antibiotics, it got really bad.. On the severe scale of moderate. I was breaking out pretty crazy.

I went on Accutane thinking it's going to clear me up like a miracle.. I changed doctors and this new guy put me straight on Accutane. 3 Months in right now. I've been breaking out for the past 3 months like you can't belive it. Scars are worse than before. My face does no longer look like a pizza. Its a tomato. Red everywhere, cysts and whiteheads continue ..

And i'd say i'm into severe acne. Accutane slows down your healing, so all your scars and red marks take much much longer to heal. Even a single cut or scratch on your skin takes 3 weeks or more to heal.. It's not just me. It's everyone on Accutane that goes through this.

If Benzaclin works for you, keep it up and don't change it or stop using it because you think your acne is gone. It never goes away.

The reason I stopped benzaclin for a while to see if my acne stopped is because everybody in my family outgrow acne. My father had it moderate he told me and around 18 he was clean, my uncle had it like or even worse his whole face was covered with that sh*t and when he was around my age he was clean. And I have friends who had it too and they good now I feel like I'm the only one. Because of my family's history not having acne as adults I thought I'm a good candidate too. The only males that continue having acne as adults are the ones with severe cases and a few that had it mild, moderate etc. So to be blunt 90-95% of males don't have acne persisting into adulthood.