Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tom_tom

skin lightening cream

does any one know any skin lightening cream which doesnt have retinA,hydroquinone

ihad numerous peels on cheek and now my forehead is darker than rest of face

so iwant to put some lightening cream on forehead

idont want to do Hquinone/retinA bcos they irritate and ihve heard they even make skin darker if not properly protected from sun

heard kojic acid helps. but is very unstable and low shelf life

so all the commercial products with kojic acid is no good...

do anyone know any special brand or any special product?

no hydroquinone is the best for lightening skin. It can make it easier for u to burn but this is Jan so that shouldnt be a problem. U can get hydroquinone creme in the acne free scar eraser kit 2% or the derm carries a 4% creme. Put it on as recommended and u will be fine. Good luck.

i used hydroquinine [nadinola deluxe for oily skin, find it in black beauty supply shops] for a whle and it did wonders for my red marks. made my skin nice and smooth as well. i'd really recommend it. as for burning, i was able to continue using tanning beds with no problem so i think every day type sun exposure will be absolutely fine.

Very interested in this hydroquinine, i've heard it works on freckles as well?

How long does it take to make red marks go away?

Has anyone in the UK used hydroquinine, someone said it wasn't available here, is that true?? I wonder why not?

Yes,hydroquinone can be bought in UK,but listen here,hydroquinone can cause cancer.

Yes,hydroquinone can be bought in UK,but listen here,hydroquinone can cause cancer.

why/how, becuase it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun?

That's not a proven fact -- it's like ppl saying SLS can cause cancer, it's mostly exaggerated internet rumor. It's not proven to cause cancer in HUMANS.

"There is concern that hydroquinone is a potentially carcinogenic substance. In vitro, hydroquinone has a toxic effect on cells containing melanin (Source: Biochemical Pharmacology, March 1999, pages 663�672). Aside from the in vitro studies (done in test tubes), the only harmful effects are reported in animal studies where hydroquinone is fed to animals. In these studies tumor creation or DNA damage is noted. However, this is not the case in epidemiological studies in which production workers (meaning those workers involved in the manufacture of hydroquinone) have been shown to have lower death rates and reduced cancer rates when compared with the population as a whole. Adverse effects associated with skin-lightening products that contain hydroquinone in FDA-regulated products have been limited to a small number of cases of hyperpigmentation (Sources: Critical Reviews in Toxicology, May 1999, pages 283�330; and Food and Chemical Toxicology, November 1999, pages 1105�1111)." From PB

Anyway, if you want to avoid Hq, you could try a vitamin C serum -- they are good for brightening the skin, evening complexion and, in precentages between 10 and 20%, they supposedly stimulate collagen production.

Sam u are totally 100% full of crap. No doctor would tell u that hydroquinone causes cancer. It lightens the skin which makes u more likely to burn in the sun. If u used it all the time to bleach your skin say to the level of Michael Jackson then it would make u more likely to get skin cancer as opposed to a darker skin tone. Almost any acne product on the market can make it easier for your skin to burn and therefore easier to get skin cancer if u tan a lot.

Apparently from Baptistas search it shows that unless u eat large amounts of hydroquinone u will be fine. So Sam stop eating your hydroquinone and giving dumb advice.

Sam u are totally 100% full of crap. No doctor would tell u that hydroquinone causes cancer. It lightens the skin which makes u more likely to burn in the sun. If u used it all the time to bleach your skin say to the level of Michael Jackson then it would make u more likely to get skin cancer as opposed to a darker skin tone. Almost any acne product on the market can make it easier for your skin to burn and therefore easier to get skin cancer if u tan a lot.

Apparently from Baptistas search it shows that unless u eat large amounts of hydroquinone u will be fine. So Sam stop eating your hydroquinone and giving dumb advice.

Make your own mind arsehole and dont ever slag me off again,im only repeating what ive been told by others...after all 99% of this board is on advice from other ppl.

I cant make u believe anything,you believe what u wanna,drrrrr are u too dumb to research anything for out yourself pea brain.

Are there any particular vit C products ppl would recommend? The Body Shop has quite a few but i dunno what percentages they are or how good they are.

Guest Virgo

Make your own mind arsehole and dont ever slag me off again,im only repeating what ive been told by others...after all 99% of this board is on advice from other ppl.

I cant make u believe anything,you believe what u wanna,drrrrr are u too dumb to research anything for out yourself pee brain.

Lmao.. he said pee brain.

Oh and um I'm also interested in any products that can get rid of dark spots/even out the skin tone... I've been using Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel and seeing very minimal results :(

Read that hydroquinine can affect pigment in unpredictable ways making skin blotchy... basically i wouldn't use it if you have any tendancy to tan, which unfortunately i don't have anyway!

I use both of the following in the AM and PM:

1) Fading Fluid from Serious Skin Care:

http://www.seriousskincare.com/the_cart.asp?compid=1&tid=203

This uses hydroquinone but is in a liquid form so it doesn't cause breakouts like creams. (They also carry different fading creams based in hydroquinone.)

2) And Lumitone HP from Aloette:

http://www.aloettecosmetics.com/oneproduct...duct=129&nav=22

This uses an extract from the daisy to lighten dark spots without bleaching your entire face.

IF you are going to use a fade cream, please use it all over your face. don't try to spot treat, it won't work. deal with being pale all over for a while, you'll recover when you stop using it.