Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Peels are crap

Last August i tried glycolic peels 50%, all that happened was my scars all got deeper, some that had almost disappeared came back again, and after months of using retin a, they're still not back to how they were before! What went wrong?? I really wish i had never tried this stupid treatment.

I don't even know how peels are supposed to work THEORETICALLY, as all glycolic acid is supposed to do is peel off the top layer of dead skin cells, while the part of the skin which is scarred is in the lower dermis, which it doesn't touch.

If anyone has actually cured their scars from peeling i'd be interested to hear about it, especially what aftercare they used, as perhaps this may make a difference. I just used an ordinary moisturiser with vit C in it. Maybe i should have used copper peptides, it might have helped. But i'm too scared to try a peel in conjunction with cp now in case it makes things even worse.

idont think peels does anything for scar

it just makes the skin on and around scars little smooth and make them look better

inever found it filling the scars..

my worst thing in my life is

i did a 2 layer tca peel on a 2 inch area on cheek area and it hypopigmented and never got rid of scars

little fortunate that its not on the centre cheek area.its little close towards the side burns area

i wish i culd turn time back

this is the worst thing i hve ever done to my skin

idont think peels does anything for scar

it just makes the skin on and around scars little smooth and make them look better

inever found it filling the scars..

my worst thing in my life is

i did a 2 layer tca peel on a 2 inch area on cheek area and it hypopigmented and never got rid of scars

little fortunate that its not on the centre cheek area.its little close towards the side burns area

i wish i culd turn time back

this is the worst thing i hve ever done to my skin

If you combine weekly peels with dailyuse of Super CP Serum your scars should improve after 3/4 moths of EVERYDAY use

I have used glycolic acid as a spot treatment in the past. For me it had a temporary effect on my scars that made them look better but after a short time, the scars reverted to how they were before. The best thing I've tried so far is TCA cross for my scars. I am seeing a big difference, hopefully it'll last and my scars won't revert back again to how they were before.