Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trojan

Moisturizing really necessary?

I started the regimen about a week ago, and im starting to see some improvement, but im starting to wonder if moisturizing is really necessary? I noticed when I used moisturizer, my face felt really REALLY greasy....(I have the purpose moisturizer btw). I did let the moisturizer absorb fully, also. For the last couple of days I havent used any moisturizer and my face feels fine, its not irritated or dry at all. So whats the deal? :think: Do I REALLY need to use the moisturizer?

This is a good question. Personally, I find I NEED mositurizer, because the BP makes my chin very "tight" feeling and dry.

Dan recommends moisturizer. But I think experimenting with new products, and eliminating products is inevitable, and you have to find what works for you. It's always best to use a moisturizer, but you have to judge for yourself.

I guess this didn't help much...so anyone else with advise...

moisturizer is important to keep the skin in balance. Balanced skin is healthier skin. BP, used in the amount Dan suggests, will dry the skin and a good oil-free moisturizer helps to conteract this.

I would say that yes, it is necessary (from what I've gathered around these boards). Even if it doesn't feel like you need it, you should do it anyway because the bp is drying out your skin even if you can't tell yet... but I know what you mean about the greasiness. Just try different moisturizers out, I'm sure you'll find one that you like (right now the Cetaphil one is great for me).