Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamesda

Cystic breakout 4 months into accutane!

Quick history:

Month 1&2: 80mg/day

Month 3: 100mg/day

Mobth 4: 120mg/day

On about the last day of month 3, I had a breakout with about 15 whiteheads and even a couple very large cysts... Before that, I hadn't had cysts in about 2 months!! What the hell?

Its hard to stay hopeful after this happened, is there anyone out there who had problems as late as month 4 and still came out clear? Thanks..

Actually, this does happen. Don't freak out until you're off the meds and the acne comes back.

I'm in month five and had a larger than normal zit just last week, which caused me to freak out right away since I hadn't had one since month two. Sometimes, we just break out at odd times through the entire course. It's just the weird, wacky way of 'tane.

I know I'm still worried that I might break out right after getting off the meds in a month or so, but we really ought to just relax and try not to worry too much until after we're done with 'tane altogether.

yeh just worry 6 months after tane like me when i exploded with all those larger cysts all over my face. i still believe tane has ruined my skin as iv had 2 courses now. people say you would have got the cystic acne anyway. i think its bullshit mabe i would have got the cystic acne but not so big