Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Solid Snake

Week 2 of Regimen

I'm on the second week of the Regimen and I find myself have red skin that burns. Also when I wake up and as the day progresses I find my skin very dry and flakey. I believe the dry skin and flakes might be because of the Cetaphil Cleanser Bar so I'm going to switch over to my Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. As far as the red skin I've gotten away saying its from a sunburn but I can't really say that much longer. I'm thinking of only doing the regimen in the evenings. Advice please!

Dryness and flaking is completely normal to experience at the begining of the regimen, it should subside over the next few weeks as your skin gets used to the BP. It is worth changing the cleansing bar to maybe a more moisturising one if you suspect it is over-drying you, Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion is supposed to be good. As for the redness maybe you have increased the BP amount too quickly, so you could maybe try cutting down on that and then slowly ramping the dosage up over the next few weeks. Also, if you find yourself drying out during the day then just moisturise whenevr you feel you need until it stops being a problem.

Good Luck and I hope you have success with the regimen!

Another thing: Should I only apply the BP Gel where my problem areas are exactly? For example, I might have acne on a section of my lower jaw and not so much on the other side so should I only apply where they are currently at?

You should apply BP to all your areas that are prone to acne, not just the areas you have acne at the time when you are applying.

Hope I have been of help! :razz: