Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Solid Snake

Week 2 of Regimen

I'm on the second week of the Regimen and I find myself have red skin that burns. Also when I wake up and as the day progresses I find my skin very dry and flakey. I believe the dry skin and flakes might be because of the Cetaphil Cleanser Bar so I'm going to switch over to my Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. As far as the red skin I've gotten away saying its from a sunburn but I can't really say that much longer. I'm thinking of only doing the regimen in the evenings. Advice please!

Did you start out with a teeny tiny amount of bp like Dan shows in his videos/pics?? And which moisturizer are you using>

It sounds like maybe you started with too much bp, too soon.

For now, decrease your dosage, or just wait a day or so and don't use any bp at all, to give your skin a break and a chance to normalize. Then when you begin again, start out with a very small amount, only once a day for several days, and if all is okay, then go to twice a day using that teeny amount. And very slowly and gradually increase your dosage.

Hopefully your skin will adjust better this way.

Some redness and dryness in the beginning is to be expected, but it shouldn't be unbearable.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, tone down the bp a lot. If you're using the CSR gel then you can relate to what I'm saying: I started out with a line of gel about a half-inch long for my entire face, and that was way too much. I had really dry, red, stinging skin (and my crappy moisturizer didn't help either). I stopped for a few days and now I've restarted with a drop of bp that's smaller than a dime for my whole face (just enough to cover my face with a very thin layer of bp, and a bit left for spot-treating). My face looks ever-so-slightly flushed and is a little dry, but not nearly as severe as before.

Brandy's advice sounds perfect. You may also want to carry your moisturizer with you during the day. I was beating myself up for not having any around because I too found that my face was drying throughout the day.

Yeah, tone down the bp a lot. If you're using the CSR gel then you can relate to what I'm saying: I started out with a line of gel about a half-inch long for my entire face, and that was way too much. I had really dry, red, stinging skin (and my crappy moisturizer didn't help either). I stopped for a few days and now I've restarted with a drop of bp that's smaller than a dime for my whole face (just enough to cover my face with a very thin layer of bp, and a bit left for spot-treating). My face looks ever-so-slightly flushed and is a little dry, but not nearly as severe as before.

Brandy's advice sounds perfect. You may also want to carry your moisturizer with you during the day. I was beating myself up for not having any around because I too found that my face was drying throughout the day.

That is actually a very good idea, and one I often forget about. I carry an extra bottle of moisturizer in my purse.