Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wait a second..i put 05....it's 2006!

Well....I started taking Accutane three days ago and unfortunately I didn't take a picture. I guess it isn't too late now. But I suppose I'm too lazy. Hmm..for background info. I'm 17, a junior in highschool. I started getting acne in 6th grade so I guess that's 5 years now. I'm SOOO excited to finally be taking this. I've tried so many things. The derm said I already should've been on it, and it kinda stinks to think I could already have clear skin by now. But i'm taking 40 mg twice a day. It kind of amused me to see how many "don't get pregnant" pictures there were on the pill package. As if you wouldn't get it from the first 5 you saw. The couseling. The talk from the derm. The video. The talk from the parents. The blood tests. I guess I just wouldn't get it by now. But it is understandable..it's a big deal. I'm not getting pregnant anyway because I'm abstinent.

I've read parts of other people's logs/journals and some of them already had dryness. The first day I took it my face was VERY OILY. The second day...still oily. The third day...more normal. Now it's the fourth day and thank goodness my skin isn't oily or dry. I haven't gotten any breakouts...my skin seems alittle clearer..but I don't know..it hasn't changed much. My lips aren't dry. But I'm religiously applying chapstick anytime I remember. I don't want them to have a chance to get dry. I'm sure they eventually will though. I'm not sure how soon the initial breakout comes but I'm dreading it. Especially since I'd have to be going to school. I'm using Cetaphil gentle face wash and I have to say it's a very nice but odd change to not have to be applying stuff all on my face morning & night. It won't be long and I'll probably be applying moisturizer like crazy, I should enjoy this while I can. haha.

Can you guess how many zits i've popped since i've been on this med.? 0 BABY! Big change... But anyways...this is all I have to say for today.

<3 anne

All the best for your accutane adventure Anne :) Keep us up to date on your progress. Fingers crossed!

Just to add on. It's $144 a month!!!(with insurance) That's CRAZZZZZZZY. I feel bad because my parents have to pay it. I've read some other people's posts and they only have to pay $3 or $5. I wish that was true in my case.

Today I went to practice my serves for tennis and I noticed the arm I serve with was really really sore. Which rarely happens. It made it kind of hard to play. I hope it isn't always like that. Tennis season is about to start.

DAY 5

To start off not too much has changed. Lips aren't very dry. No achey bones/muscles today. But when I blew my nose this morning there was a tad bit of blood. Hardly anything though. My appetite has increased ALOT! And my mom says I'm moodier. I broke out today...makes me mad. And I was at the mall too...but I'm being BRAVE and wearing no makeup(powder or foundation). I just hope it looks better by tomorrow since I have school. I'm just trying to focus on what my skin WILL look like hopefully..soon. I just took my pill for tonight 30 minutes ago. I ate a bunch of candy at the theater...then got a slushi afterwards..and cookies..and some french fries. me and my friend were pigging out. And I felt SOOOOOO SICK. I won't do that again. And I know it possibly couldn't be good for my face...it's not exactly healthy food. But I guess I never really ate supper..and when I got home I went ahead and took the pill because I felt really full. I probably should've ate something else anyways. And then after I took it, it felt like it never went down. I hateeeee that feeling. It feels like it'll just pop back up any second...makes me feel so sick. I think it helps when I eat something after I take it. This time I didn't..I just drank some water. I think It's making my eyes drier too. I wear contacts, and anytime it starts getting later my eyes start bother me alot.(it didn't before)

I have a question....how are you supposed to know if your nose is dry???(On the inside)

I've decided to be brave and add pics...eek..

[attachmentid=3186][attachmentid=3187]

and since those are depressing...

[attachmentid=3188]

and so you know i'm only wearing eye liner in those.

post-35506-1137459231_thumb.jpg

post-35506-1137459283_thumb.jpg

post-35506-1137459334_thumb.jpg

post-35506-1137459231_thumb.jpg

post-35506-1137459283_thumb.jpg

post-35506-1137459334_thumb.jpg

Day 6

Today was a baddddddddddd day. Where do I start? I have this HUGE whitehead and it's been bothering me alot today..but I've managed to leave it alone. It's just embarassing. THANK goodness we only had a half-day. I'm hoping it'll be cleared by tomorrow. Afterschool I went to mcdonalds and afterwards started feeling sick. Plus I have to be at school at 7 a.m. That's not so fun. Today i also had to start my period. All i have to say is period+accutane=feeling SICKKKKKKK. When i came home my mom wanted me to go grocery shopping with her and that was no big deal..i wasn't feeling horrible at that point. We were there for like 2 hours and I started feeling reallllllllllllllly sick and I really wanted to go lay down(girls you know...). But i couldn't..and it sucked! ...sometimes i squated...lol..i felt so horrible at times though...and I usually don't get bad cramps or anything on my period..so i know it has something to do with the accutane. I just hope tomorrow goes better. Plus my back started hurting REALLY bad too! and places I never knew could hurt....I felt like such an old woman. unbelievable!!! I was walking around holding my back..like those pregnant girls...lol.

If it doesn't get better then how could I possibly play tennis? If yall have any tips PLEASE let me know.

My lips are drier today too.

American Idol comes on tonight!!! And I'm sad though because my friend invited me to a party she was invited to tonight..but I had to turn her down because i feel so sick....stinks...ah oh well.

PLEASE let tomorrow be a better day!

and come on people..don't be shy..i like comments too:(

Anne use odorless fish oil capsules! I hear they work great. I plan on using them when my joint pains kick in.

Hey I wish you the best! You're taking 80mg??????

Thanks yall! OHHHH so you add it up? hmm..is that alot?

I'm taking 80 mgs, but started with 40 mgs.

I have a question....how are you supposed to know if your nose is dry???(On the inside)

My nose gets really sore. Since about the 1st week, I've been putting Aquaphor inside my nose every night. Thus far it has kept the bloody noses away!!! Saline Spray also helps keep it moist in your nose. Don't get one with medication in it!

Good luck with your treatment. You are very pretty and I think you'll respond well to the Tane! I am glad to hear that you are taking action at 17! I see so many teens that don't have support to get treatment and I feel sorry for them. I'm 35 and doing Tane now. I have always had persistent acne, but never real bad, but then this summer I exploded....

Anne-loves-you

and we-love-Anne!

Sorry to hear about the bad day yesterday. One day at a time, and before you know it, you'll be home and dry :D

Anne use odorless fish oil capsules! I hear they work great. I plan on using them when my joint pains kick in.

I told my mom about it today and she wasn't exactly all for it. It wasn't on the list the derm. gave us and she's very cautious so I don't know if she'll let me take it..HOPEFULLY!

Anne-loves-you

and we-love-Anne!

Sorry to hear about the bad day yesterday. One day at a time, and before you know it, you'll be home and dry :D

haha..it's so nice to have people commenting!!!! it's kinda boring talking to yourself..lol.

DAY 7

wow this mean's it's been a week! yay! Hmmmmmmmm so today was a GOOD day!! No pain....like yesturday anyway. But the past couple of days my chest has been hurting...as if i've done a thousand push-ups or something! And my eyes have been burning alot today...does that mean their dry??? i probably should put some eye-drops in. my lips are drier..I actually notice when I forget to put some chapstick on now..because their DRY! I guess I shouldn't think it's so exciting to be getting dry lips..it's just like yay! it's starting to work now! yep..today was a definitely better day. I didn't want to hide my face at home or something.

Ok I'm sorry..yes this is an accutane journal but it also has the word journal in it so..I'll tell you alittle story. Today in drawing class we started working on a new project and we went and xeroxed(sp?) our ears the week before and ok to make it short we're gonna draw them....BIGGGG!! and we're starting off with charcoal. Ok usually i'm good with using it. I was wearing an apron and all too...but no...ok..when it was time to clean up..my art teacher came over and was complementing what i had done so far..and i was like WOW..it's so rare that happens..and then he stood smiling at me..and i was like..ok why's he looking at me like that? and he was like...uh you have charcoal on your face!! I couldn't believe no one hadn't already told meeeeeeee!!!! what if no one did! haha it was horrible..it was hard to get off too. And some people were laughing at me. it was on my FACE..the most noticable part of someone's body. but anyways..i thought i'd share that. it concerns my face...

hmm anyways....I DON'T WANNA HAVE AN INITIAL BREAKOUT..AHHG! :closed:

awww this one's really cute! :crazy2: & :injured: & :popcorn:

Why would she not let you take them??? You can buy them at CVS and they're good for you. They "may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease" and help joint pain. It's just a dietary supplement.

I got that weird chest pain too, after I would do chin ups all the bones in my chest would ache. It was weird but went away after a month or so. All my joint pain went away after a month.

Why would she not let you take them??? You can buy them at CVS and they're good for you. They "may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease" and help joint pain. It's just a dietary supplement.

I got that weird chest pain too, after I would do chin ups all the bones in my chest would ache. It was weird but went away after a month or so. All my joint pain went away after a month.

I don't know why!!! I told her i've been reading people's journals and so she probably doesn't trust yall. Don't worry guys..I still love yall..lol. I think after next week she'll let me..or uh..monday..because monday we start conditioning for tennis..YUCK... maybe if i beg..haha! i just know it's gonna kill me.

Just go buy them yourself haha. They cost me 12 bucks for 60 at CVS.

12 bucks..ahhh... i'm poor! I'd rather that come out of my parents pockets...hmmm..but if i have to i will.

You'll be so clear after this haha. Probably for a long time too. I don't know if I'm on the meds. for 5 or 6 months. I hope 6, even though being on accutane blows big time. I just don't ever want to have to do it a 3rd time. My lips were so dry and chapped it was like nothing I had ever experienced haha. And I had to apply massive loads of cetaphil onto my face, arms, shoulder, neck, elbows, knees and even legs twice a day. Maybe I'll be lucky and my side effects won't be as bad the second time around.....

what makes you think i'll be so clear? and well..I just hope it doesn't come back. I feel so sorry for guys who are on it because you've gotta worry about getting "glossy" lips and all. At least there's uncented lotion...haha. someone's coporating with yall. But yea I hope it isn't as bad for you this time! no one should have to go through it twice..much less ONCE! I don't know how long i'm on it either though.

Cuz I saw the pics. of your face and your acne doesn't look too bad. Also your weight is a little low for the dose so I'm guessing it'll really do a number on your acne. Just a guess and hopefully a good guess!

hmm well it better be a good guess or i'm gonna have to go kick your butt!

haha i'm jk

here i'll do a guess for you..::

you will not have quite as dry skin..your acne will clear away AMAZINGLY! In...uh...a couple months! And then you'll have sooooo much confidence and be soooooo happy!

uh....i don't know...lol

WOW GUYS! it's 5:56 am and I just love the EARLY morning time. Especially when you have to be at school SOOO early! it's just so awesome.(YES that's sarcastic) but heyyy only today and tomorrow left..and i can go back to regular schedule and get another hour of sleep!!

wait nevermind..i have to wake up still next week too.

DAY 8

8 is my favorite number!!!! but no today wasn't great or anything. Actually..nothing really happened. I decided to wear my glasses because my eyes have been hurting alot when i wear contacts. So that was just fun. I've noticed when I don't wear any makeup my face isn't oily and it's perfect..(just doesn't look as good). And when I do wear makeup i have to put on moisturizer first...but anyways my face get's really oily...I don't like it. I may just stop wearing it for awhile. Hard thing to do though...

I LOVE taking the pills though..it's what i look forward to EVERYDAY! I'm just so ready and excited for it to work and i thought about it..and i really hope my derm. doesn't lower my dose. I'd be disappointed. When i forget to put on chapstick my lips kinda burn..and bother me. I've just been using normal chapstick..well my mom had gotten me some "nature" chapstick..i like it better than the normal stuff. But it's starting not to be enough. No ACHEY BODY TODAY!! WOOOOOOOO! That's exciting. But oddly now I feel like I should go do something active..right..as if i WANT my body to ache..haha.. Wow i'm just happy right now..no back pains...no chest pains...etc. I hope it stays this way!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just stretched back and my chest hurts now..man...i jinxed myself!!

anyways..that's all for today...i guess....

oh to add on..today in lit. we were working in groups and towards the end of class everyone was going back to their normal seats but i just stayed where i was..and the girl that sits in the chair next to the one i was sitting in goes to her seat and looked at me..like DISGUSTINGLY...and oh my gosh i was just like WHAT the freak are you lookin at? she's this prissy "perfect" popular girl that AH i hate those girls....