Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spin

Long hair

I'm a guy and have moderate-long hair, covering my forehead almost completely, also my hair tends to get greasy from time to time (fast, I might say). Will this affect the Regimen ? I mean I let slide to the right so that it doesn't get into my eyes and keep it out from bothering me.

I don't want to give up on it (cut it) because it's the only haircut that looks normal on me :P

There are boys in my class who had long hair that covered their faces and acne, and then when they cut their hair off their acne seriously improved. But this might not be the case for everyones acne, so I guess if you like it like you have it you may as well try the regimen with it and if your not seeing the results you want then think anout cutting it.

Hope I've been of help! :)

i have some acne with short hair, and ive seen people with acne and long hair...so im assuming it has to do with both. Maybe you should try the regimen and if it doesnt work, cut your hair and see if any changes.

hair = head grease = gets on your face instead of staying in ur head = more prone to acne...

just sounds logical to me, and that long haired guys is so 70s

Cut it.

The grease from your hair will aggravate the acne, and plus, the regimen already siphons so much time - managing long hair just makes it harder.

Cut it to a length were you can dry it effectively without bringing out the blow-dryer.

From a girls POV with long hair, yes I do believe it can cause breakouts. I dont have bangs and my forehead never breaks out, I keep my hair pulled back whenever I'm at the house or asleep. The only time I wear it down is at work and if I go out, and anytime I'm at home, it's pulled back, all of it. I also sleep with my hair pulled back so it isn't touching my face. I think it helps a lot. Hair has oils that can clog and iritate pores, so it make sense to keep your hair off your face.

If nothing else, pull your hair back when you sleep, I mean, who's going to see you when you're sleeping? Who cares what you look like, right? Pull it back the best you can and change your pillowcase, often. At least every other night because the oil's from your hair among other things are on your pillowcase, so a clean pillowcase for your face is a good thing.

Give it a try and see if it helps any.