Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mental-miracle

is cleansing really important?

what does cleansing with soap or other products exactly do ? cause its drying.

at this moment i only wash by water. i just dont have time in the morning to do so many things

does anybody used only water ?

You must wash with a gentle cleanser to remove impurities, dead cells, dirt, etc.

Cleansers also contain added moisturizers to sooth skin, and PREPARE for BP.

Cleansing is an essential part of the regimen. Otherwise, you will just obtain a build up of dirt, bacteria, etc on your skin.

the point is to wash off the oil and dead skin from your face, to unclog your pores, and allow BP to get in there.

A cleanser should not irritate your skin, but it should dry your skin. This is the only thing that has worked for me. After washing with Purpose bar, my skin is "squeaky clean" and dry, but not irritated. After BP and moisturizer, there's no more dryness.

Try it and see! Maybe it will work for you. Everyone's skin is different, but I know that for my skin, the only way to be 100% clear is to dry the hell out of my skin with Purpose cleanser.

Drying out your skin with a cleanser is a bad idea, it will only lead to more oil/sebum production in the future. You do not ever want to strip your skin's natural oils.

Cleansing is to remove impurities and dirt that clog pores, not to dry out the skin.

I havnt used a cleanser in awhile, and the regimen still works fine, so I dont see the point since the cleanser causes a significant amount of dryness. My skin did not react very well to the cleanser, but maybe some others will have better luck. Usually I just let water run at my face in the shower, and that is all i do to prep for the BP.

actually im one some 5 day or 6 into my experimental regimen - water / bp / moustureizer (humektan)

i think water do the job and i will stick with it some time and we'll se the results

Drying out your skin with a cleanser is a bad idea, it will only lead to more oil/sebum production in the future. You do not ever want to strip your skin's natural oils.

Cleansing is to remove impurities and dirt that clog pores, not to dry out the skin.

when you remove oil from your skin, you're drying it. If it's not dry, you didn't remove all the oil. Everyone's skin is different, but that's how it works for me.

Washing with slightly warm water as opposed to hot water dries a lot less, with the same amount of cleansing, so you might want to try that.