Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Nohxpolitan

Anyone stopped regimen?

Guest Nohxpolitan

I see posts all over the place with people saying they're going to try stopping it...how's it working for you? I've been on the regimen for a good 4 months or so and my skin is no doubt better, but it's not clear by any stretch of the word whatsoever...I just broke out really badly yesterday too. I think I've missed one day ever. All my girlfriends rub their hands over their faces and use a few simple little products and their skin is gorgeous...I don't understand. To top it all off I'm extremely red all the time, I don't know if it's the bp or not, but one of the reasons I feel compelled to stop is in hope the redness will go away. It's hardly better than acne, I'm just as self-concious about that than the acne. Makeup doesn't even hide all the redness.

So does anyone have experience coming off regimen? I feel like bp is too strong for my skin, but I'm worried if I stop I'll break out horribly again like I used to. It would be nice just to use an exfoliant and a cleanser like all my friends. Sometimes I feel like in worrying aobut it and becoming stressed aids in breakouts.

I've battled with very mild acne for about 9 years. In Nov. '05, I had the worst break out in my life. It would probably be considered moderate (usually 3 cysts and about 5-10 whiteheads throughout face). I did the CSR using a variety of products but I pretty much favored biotherm Acne Facewash, proactiv BP lotion, and biotherm acne moisturizer. I just noticed that I did not improve! I just woke up everyone morning and looked in the mirror first thing and just HOPED! for imrpovement, only to be dissapointed. It's like I was maintaining the acne to remain on the same level.. no improvement and just not getting worse (but the redmarks and scars are the worst part). I finally asked my physician to just prescribe me oral antibiotics and cleotin-t and I'm on my 4th day and I see IMPROVEMENT! Pimples drying up.. no new ones, etc. I'm just looking forward to not having to tediously decide what CSR products are best for my face and I'm glad that results are good so far. Rx is the way to go! But yeah.. everyone is different and everyone has a regimen that is best for them.. I just personally found the CSR to be a waste of time in my case. I've got all these red marks now to deal with.

Guest Poker-Butt
I've battled with very mild acne for about 9 years. In Nov. '05, I had the worst break out in my life. It would probably be considered moderate (usually 3 cysts and about 5-10 whiteheads throughout face). I did the CSR using a variety of products but I pretty much favored biotherm Acne Facewash, proactiv BP lotion, and biotherm acne moisturizer. I just noticed that I did not improve! I just woke up everyone morning and looked in the mirror first thing and just HOPED! for imrpovement, only to be dissapointed. It's like I was maintaining the acne to remain on the same level.. no improvement and just not getting worse (but the redmarks and scars are the worst part). I finally asked my physician to just prescribe me oral antibiotics and cleotin-t and I'm on my 4th day and I see IMPROVEMENT! Pimples drying up.. no new ones, etc. I'm just looking forward to not having to tediously decide what CSR products are best for my face and I'm glad that results are good so far. Rx is the way to go! But yeah.. everyone is different and everyone has a regimen that is best for them.. I just personally found the CSR to be a waste of time in my case. I've got all these red marks now to deal with.

u must use the products Dan states to use in order for it to work for u

GENTLE cleanser

BP 2.5%

OIL-FREE,NON-COMEDOGENIC moisturizer

Thanks for stressing the important fact about CSR Poker-Butt, I will definetly keep that in mind if I ever do decide to use the CSR again for whatever reason.

It just seems that regardless of how gentle of a cleanser I'd use, the BP made my skin really flaky and red. It seems to also have made my red marks brighter. The reason I was using biotherm products (they say oil free and non-comedogenic) was because they seemed to keep my skin most supple. No point in having no pimples if my skin still looked like a mess of dead skin flakes and redness. I seriously don't think BP is a good long-term thing for your skin. It is so harsh, that of course the regimen says to use gentle everything else.

To me, clear skin means clear skin! Just having a couple pimples can make the battle nonstop.. bacteria spreading, etc. I don't understand why people would stick to a regimen if they still get acne.. isn't the point to eliminate the bacteria and not be left with a bunch of red marks? I am tired of settling for "better" or "milder"... So, I have been off the CSR and on prescription meds and so far my skin is going awesome. Now I get to use my normal moisterizer which is a diff. biotherm moisterizer (forgot the label name but it is oil free and non-comedogenic). It also makes your skin really smooth and matte in preperation for make-up, which I get to wear now too!

aighh so im on vacation right now in vietnam. ive been here about 2 weeks now and i dont have any timen to put on BP or moistureizer and my face is breakin out like maddd! but my face is also red and tan from the sun so that might have some effect. I was on the regimen for 4 months and was pretty much clear and then this happens :(

Guest quack

you should try vietnamsta before it becomes worse.

to the others: the effectiveness of acne treatments vary from person to person. i say if you don't see any results in a month, go switch. wasting too much time in hopes of skin getting better only leads to those occasional pimples you get turn into red marks (and i sure know!)