Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Splinter

should moisturiser be stinging so bad?

i started using a neutrogena moisturiser containing parafinnium liquidium but it was really stinging when i applied it... after reading on here that moisturisers containing parafinnium liquidium sting like hell and were causing worse acne for someone i thought id switch.

so i changed to a norweigan neutrogena thing they sell at our international supermarket, which contains no parrafinnium liquidium (its more like a cream than an oil) and it burns like hell too!! maybe even worse altho its day 3 now using BP i only used the other one on day 1 and it really stung!!

so, should my moitsuriser be stinging me as its still week one? or have i just got another bad moisturiser?

thanks.

Any moisturizer with SPF 15 will sting...I've been using Cetaphil SPF15 for a year and it still stings a little for about 10 mins after application.

Personally, the Neutrogena recommended moisturizer burned me pretty bad, even when I didn't have BP on.

I've applied the Cetaphil moisturizer without BP and it stung minutely for a minute and then was fine... and it wasn't greasy like the Neutrogena crap. I also toned down the BP a bit for the beginning stages, but the Cetaphil is working out fine.

Personally, the Neutrogena recommended moisturizer burned me pretty bad, even when I didn't have BP on.

I've applied the Cetaphil moisturizer without BP and it stung minutely for a minute and then was fine... and it wasn't greasy like the Neutrogena crap. I also toned down the BP a bit for the beginning stages, but the Cetaphil is working out fine.

ok il change again then.. this stuff was burning for like an hour i couldnt even sleep i had to go and wash it off! :confused: