Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not going to pretend to be a doctor, like others seem to do on this board. I'm going to simply tell you what worked for me and what could work for you dietwise. As you have probably heard, cut back on milk/yogurt/cheese. I am not saying to completely eliminate these nutritious items, but simply practice moderation. I also limited my intake of salty foods aka pretzels, chips, peanuts, etc. These products are loaded in salt and oils which are very bad for your skin. I also, as many recommend, increased my intake of good ol' H2O. This is good at removing toxins from your body, however, do not drink more that 8-10 glasses a day as you can become overhydrated and sick. By doing the above and using common acne products (bp, ca, etc). I found cutting out certain foods that you really like, will not only improve your health but improve your skin. I am now eating whole grains, fruit, anything green, and foods that are low in sodium and oils. I think the best thing for everyone is take foods out of your diet that you think may cause ur breakouts. If breakouts end, do not eat that food again or take in moderation.