Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikejones12

acne scarring....

i had a quick question. I usually have whiteheads and if i pop them they obv. cause scarring. But if i dont pop them and let them be they still cause scarring cause they turn all hard and crusty if you dont touch them and like comes off either in the shower or in everday activites.and lastly if i apply bperoxide on the whitehead, scarring still occurs.any opinions or new techinques i should try or do.thanks a bunch.

i'm starting to have the same problem. my "scars" are REALLY tiny and extremely shallow though. theyre about the size of the poke of a needle (but i know they are not pores!) i hate it when they crust up and dont go away. what i do is i wash my fash realllly carefully , making sure i dont rub them off by accident. then, i rub them off on purpose after about 10 days. when i do rub them off in 10 days, there is no scar underneath. but that's just me.

i have a derm appointment on monday and i'm definitely telling him about this problem and if the scars are treatable.

i had a quick question. I usually have whiteheads and if i pop them they obv. cause scarring. But if i dont pop them and let them be they still cause scarring cause they turn all hard and crusty if you dont touch them and like comes off either in the shower or in everday activites.and lastly if i apply bperoxide on the whitehead, scarring still occurs.any opinions or new techinques i should try or do.thanks a bunch.

use a topical aha of no more than 10% 2 -3 times a week. make sure the aha does not have irritating ingredients like many over the counter formulas - i get mine from a doc in chicago and it seems to work fine. if you are young enought the scarring will get better over time unless you have pitting. those may stick around.