Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tom_tom

restylane for acne scars

i am going to get restylane for acne scars.before i get it done,,wanna get an opinion from people who have done it.

did u see anyimprovement?

how long did it last?

did it cause lumps?

what type of scars were they to begin with?

does it really fill up the scars or is it just another hoax?

do u know if it was injected superfically or little deep?

I saw some improvement on some, and not much on others. I'm not sure how long it lasted, I believe it was like 4-5 months. I had rolling scars and ice pick sacrs, but it did nothing for the ice picks. I dont think its just another hoax, but it wont work for every scar. It depends on the scars on how deep it should be injected.

did the restylane injection create any lumps as many people say

so when they injected into the scar did they inject multiple times at different points inside the scar

i was wondering how this restylane could spread inside the scar area if they inject it only at one point

or do they massage it and spread it like dough :)

I've had restylane done 3 times... its lasted about 4 months each time.

Whether or not you get lumps depends entirely on your derm...

I tell my derm to not over-fill, which might be why it only lasts 4 months... if she overfills, i'll have lumps.

never had it done to icepicks... my derm wanted to do it last time, but i doubt it will work so i told her no. nazzy, you had it done to ice picks and it didnt work at all? ice picks must be way too bounded down... i bet if you keep injecting it you'll loosen the tissue and be able to do it eventually?

repeating my same question..

do they inject more than once in the same acne scar so as to evenly spread it?

icant imagine how a single injection can spread the restylane over the scar area...

or does restylane spread really well byitself or do they massage it soon after its injected

any more opinions on restylane filler

wat i m scared about is so far none of the procedure i hve done produced any results not to mention they all turned my skin worse than before

you need to get a good doctor for that not to happen. it's all about the technique they use.

i do this with collegen inject., which i think help. my doc. injects me one week. and i go back the next week to get injected again (if i feel the need to ofcourse) once the swelling has gone down. i've gotten excellent results from that.

did the doctor rub/massage the injection area right after restylane injection to spread out the stuff and not cause bumbs

Restylane can be great for rolling scar improvement -- but you must know that in some people it is resorbed faster than in others, and also (very important) how well it looks is entirely dependent on the skill of your doctor. Restylane has to be injected rather deeply in order to lift up an area to improve a rolling scar, but recently Restylane marketers have been telling doctors to inject superficially to make it last longer. Restylane injected deeply is typically resorbed in a month or two, which made patients unhappy with the expense. It is an expensive treatment, compared to more permanent options, no doubt about it. So the manufacturers have been searching for ways to reduce patient complaints.

After happily working with one doctor who knew how to use it, then moving away and finding another who fell prey to the new "technique," I learned how AWFUL it can look if improperly injected. Restylane injected just under the skin produces hard, large lumps in many people, particularly if you have scar tunneling, which many acne scar victims most certainly do have. Whereas with deep injection it took 10 years off my face and erased the scarring, at least for 6-8 weeks... with superficial injection I had a "doughnut" effect all over the cheeks -- raised areas and indented areas. These lasted a LONG TIME -- months, in fact. That result was far more embarrassing and difficult to explain, compared to the few rolling scars I had.

All this by way of saying that it is no overstatement at all to insist that you must check out your doctor thoroughly, even for a "temporary" procedure. Make sure you understand all his/her policies about how the material is to be used in your case, whether or not he/she practices "overcorrection" (say no to this!) and if the practice will allow it, talk to others who had this procedure. Not just those who had a few lines to fill... but people with acne scarring you would judge to be at a similar pitch to your own. That is the only way to avoid the months of suffering that a poor outcome will provide. I know how hard it is for some people to ask these kinds of questions and insist on lots of information before plunking down $500 or so for a vial of Restylane, an amount which may seem trivial and not worth the effort. BUT -- try living with doughnut indents all over your face for several months and that $500 will seem like way too much to have spent for so much more social misery. And, of course, your mileage will vary even then. All plastic/dermatologic surgeries carry risk. Don't let anyone tell you that they do not. Caveat emptor, of course.

that was really useful informatio..thanks !!

one question

if it produce the doughnut effect-lumps do they show up soon after the swelling goes down

or it can happen even a month after the injection

im planning on getting 2 spots done and after a week do few more

so do u think this 1 week is good enough for the lumps to show up if they do

I had Restylane for box scars last summer. The redness and lumps lasted almost a month and the correction was very subtle. It lasted about six months. I don't think I would do it again. I did have a very good plastic surgeon at UCLA though and it was probably about the best result I could expect from Restylane. You should be prepared for the possibility of the redness lasting more than the three days the brochures claim.