Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sleepflower

How much moisturizer have you found yourself using?

I'm in the beginning stages of the regimen and having a tough time with moisturizer amounts. Share how much moisturizer you use, keeping in mind your type of skin, stage of the regimen (if you're using it), and other relevant facts.

I started out with a Neutrogena moisturizer that burned my face like hell, so I shied from putting a lot of the Cetaphil stuff on my face. But the new stuff seems to be working out well, so maybe I'll put more of it on. It's not greasy as hell (like the Neutrogena crap was) even when I've used twice as much as the Neutrogena.

Anyway, share away. I could use the insight.

edit: I should also put it in terms of 'pumps': it's recommended to use one 'pump' from a moisturizer, but because I'm drying my face out a lot, I should use more than that (perhaps two?). That seems like a lot to me, but it's probably more than reasonable.

lol 1 or 2 pumps??? Thats way to little for me. I use Cetaphil 15 SPF moisturizer and I use around 5 - 6 pumps for my entire face twice a day. If i try using less, I feel friction when I apply it (which could cause irritation) because there isn't enough to spread over my entire face. My advice to you is to use as much as you need to not be dry the entire day, whatever that amount may be. Keep in mind, since you're using BP, you'll probabaly need more than the recommended amount on packages of moisturizers because BP dries your skin. Also, Dan doesn't specify how much moisturizer you should use because everyone is different; you need to experiment with the number of pumps and stay with what keeps you hydrated the entire day.

Guest Poker-Butt

I USE LIKE 10-15 PUMPS OF THE EUCERIN SKIN RENEWAL... ONLY WAY MY SKIN ISNT DRY AND FLAKEY THROUGHOUT THE DAY...