Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tom_tom

copper peptide and scars

can you guys give an honest opinion if you benefitted from copper peptide for scars

1.what type of scars

2.how long did you apply

3.what exact productname/where did you buy

4.how much u think the improvement is

pls if you guys who have found it effective post you opinion it would be really helpful

i think copper peptide really helps but want to give first hand information

I myself don't think copper peptides do much but I probably didn't try them long enough. The reason I didn't use them very long is because they irritated my skin an made my scars much redder and more noticeable so I quit. Alot of people say it gets worse before it gets better so I can't argue that point.

I'd like to know too. I have scars that might form so I wish to stop them or improve their healing. Would AHA or Neosporin or Zinc or Copper help? If any, which products would you recommend?

My impression is that copper peptides are best used in the early stages as they activate the skin's healing system. I have cp serum and super cp serum, haven't been using them long enough to tell if they work really but i'm hopeful.

I do not think there is any such substance you put on the skin that is going to give significant improvement in scars. Sorry. I have also tried copper peptides myself. Maybe better than other creams to put on, but it is not going to give great improvement anyway.

can you guys give an honest opinion if you benefitted from copper peptide for scars

1.what type of scars

2.how long did you apply

pls if you guys who have found it effective post you opinion it would be really helpful

Well it depends on how old the scars are.If they are recent(6-12months) then you will notice very good results from copper peptides.I ve tried them on ice picks and some box scars with very good results(especially from super copp 2x).You should be careful though not to apply to a very large area(especially super cop 2x the others are not as strong) cause it will get more difficult for your skin to heal.Try also to eat healthy during that time to help the healing process.

1.what type of scars

2.how long did you apply

Well it depends on how old the scars are.If they are recent(6-12months) then you will notice very good results from copper peptides.I ve tried them on ice picks and some box scars with very good results(especially from super copp 2x).You should be careful though not to apply to a very large area(especially super cop 2x the others are not as strong) cause it will get more difficult for your skin to heal.Try also to eat healthy during that time to help the healing process.

Guys You cant just use Copper Peptides on their own,you have to combine with and exfoliant.

I have moderatly severe scars on my back,both raised and indented and I have been so depressed,tried a lot of things and nothing has worked but I started using Exfol Serum in the morning and Super CP Serum at night every day since October-I HAVE TO SAY(AND ITS HARD FOR ME TO ADMIT IMPROVEMENT BECAUSE IM SO HARD ON MYSELF) But the improvement in my back is at least 20% maybe 25% and it DOES keep getting better as weeks go by. You cannot use this product for a few weeks you have to use it everyday for months to see improvements and fact is it is improving my back- I havnt shown my back to my sister since last summer and when I Showed her m back the other week she literally was speechless!!!!!!!

Im not saying it will work for you but my results arnt my opinion they are pure fact.

AFTER 3 MONTHS OF CONTINUED USE I HAVE SEEN 20% IMPROVEMENT-FACT!!!

And just for the record the Copper Peptides I am using a rnt even the strongest skin rebuilding product from skin bilogy,they also have SuperCop and SuperCopx2 so if i have got 20% improvment form one of their weaker products what results will i get when i step up to the stongest????? it fills me with hope!

I absolutely agree w/ this. I have seen great results on newer scars w/ using supercop2x alone. And with older scars, great results w/ using supercop2x to heal after I've done TCA cross.

Does anyone know the various percentages of the skinbio peptides?

I haven't bought any of the supercop ones as i remember reading they can make you break out - would anyone agree / disagree with this?

Totally agree with several posters.

First, you should combine them with an exfoliant; most preferably a peel of some sort.

Also, you may have to use them for 8 months to a year consistantly before you see really good results, but it varies from person to person.

The key is consistancy, patience, and exfoliation.....

i just recieved the intesive super cop serum (not 2x) from platinum skin care. i'm actually afraid to use it after reading that it made a lot of peoples scars look worse.

so here is what i don't understand, and maybe someone can help me out -- if it's supposed to be a collegen builder why does it tend to make scars look deeper at first. i can undersand AHA and BHA's making a scar look deeper b/c they are actually breaking down the tissue. so does super cop also break down the skin and then rebuild? if it was just a rebuilder it shouldn't ever make the scar look deeper. right?

i've looked at other threads and had trouble finding an answere.

I don't know the answer off hand but the info is on the skinbiology website. I think its because the dcar tissue is breaking up causing it to loojk worse at first.

i just recieved the intesive super cop serum (not 2x) from platinum skin care. i'm actually afraid to use it after reading that it made a lot of peoples scars look worse.

so here is what i don't understand, and maybe someone can help me out -- if it's supposed to be a collegen builder why does it tend to make scars look deeper at first. i can undersand AHA and BHA's making a scar look deeper b/c they are actually breaking down the tissue. so does super cop also break down the skin and then rebuild? if it was just a rebuilder it shouldn't ever make the scar look deeper. right?

i've looked at other threads and had trouble finding an answere.

I never found that it made my scars look worse, so I don't know how to address what you are saying. Sorry........

Newer scars are healing significantly on their own anyways so don't confuse that fact with what might or might not be happening with the copper peptides.

I never found that it made my scars look worse, so I don't know how to address what you are saying. Sorry........

I've read from at least three posters whp have gottern rid of or have had significant improvement from copper peptides. You can look them up and read their posts, Robert and drvpaul. Robert said it took about two tears to get rid of hid scars from this method. But I think copper is very significant for us in the fight against these scars.

Does anyone know if copper peptides would be good to use after getting excision done? I figured they would help the scar to fill in, and help with redness. Also how soon after excision should i start putting it on?

Retin-A, copper peptides, neuropeptides, DMAE, Vit C serum, AHA, estrogens all help in collagen formation and thus somewhat with scars.

i've just read in other threads that people felt it made their scars look more apparent. it's the saying--it will get worse before it gets better.

well that's good it didn't made your scars look worse. how long have you been using it?

anyone else?

Well that's not the case for EVERYONE. The people who used copper peptides like 3 years ago (when I did), never made these types of comments that I'm aware of. This is only something that people have said recently.

I used peptides for a coupla years straight. My skin just became too sensitive to them, though. What really impressed me about them was that they helped some stretch marks. That's when I KNEW for SURE that they were really effective.

Now I use products with neuropeptides that don't break me out.

Be careful not to over use cp serum as it can have the opposite affect on your scars.

3 drops aday on your face is quite enough.

CP makes my scars redder, sometimes even scabby and if this doesn't make my scars look worse I don't know what would.

Personally for the first two months my skin was improving all the time but then in the third month I noticed that I had a lot more hypertrophic scars on my back-they were alwaysthereits just the exfol highlighted them more, anyway its a good sign that this happend as I can actually now start to notice them get softer,smaller,and blend in more-all signs that the scar tissue is breaking down and skin skin is being rebuilt,as everyone has said it takes time,My ultimate aim is next November when I will have been using it for over a year-I really think it will take that long if not more tot erraidcate scars but let me tell you its such a fantastic feeling using something and knowing everyday its improving