Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeffe de Calma

Before and After (1 month)

Hey guys. I went do the derm two months ago expecting some Tane. When he didn't give it to me, I got really angry. I cursed at him on the whole ride back and almost threw out the prescriptions he gave me in disgust. But then I decided to give it a shot. Why the hell not.

It's been a month and a half. The best month and a half of my life. Doxycycline - Retina Micro - Benzaclin. I attribute 98% of the success to the Doxy. It's amazing. I'm pretty much completely clear. I guess the moral of this story is = don't be discouraged if you don't get Accutane. Because to be honest, I wouldn't expect accutane to work any better than this treatment has. It's a miracle.

Before:

IPB Image

After:

IPB Image

The real kick in the balls is this: Once you go off deoxy.. It's 10 times worse than before. And you'll get a severe accutane breakout too. Enjoy till then i guess lol.

from what i hear... once you go off the oral antibiotics, your breakouts come back worse. another thing is your body develops immunity to antibiotics over time. so if you were to get an infection somewhere else, you wont be able to use any oral antibiotics for it.

accutane is the only thing that has worked for me... ive got mild/moderate acne like yours, and im trying to get my derm to give me course of tane also.

from what i hear... once you go off the oral antibiotics, your breakouts come back worse. another thing is your body develops immunity to antibiotics over time. so if you were to get an infection somewhere else, you wont be able to use any oral antibiotics for it.

accutane is the only thing that has worked for me... ive got mild/moderate acne like yours, and im trying to get my derm to give me course of tane also.

That's been my experience on minocyclin .. once i got off it after using it for a couple of years my face looked like a pimple farm. Worse .. I started getting severe cystic acne on parts of my face that I've never had cysts on before. Needless to say, I've switched up to accutane. Hope the doxy works for you though!

Not scaring you, but after i got off doxycycline, the same sh!t happened to me, my face was breaking out bad !! But, my face was severe to begin with ...

Your acne was pretty mild to begin with, but great results!! Glad everything worked out just the way you wanted to. :)

No, the bacteria becomes resistant, not your body. You can treat any other infection with the antibiotic, only the bacteria, p. acnes, would be resistant to it.

Yes, you might be able to surpress the bacteria from your body for a while, but the oil is still there.

once the antiobiotic is gone, the bacteria comes back with fury.

Kill the oil!

Your acne deffinetly didn't require Accutane. I would have to question any derm that would give you Accutane.

Glad you cleared though.

No, the bacteria becomes resistant, not your body. You can treat any other infection with the antibiotic, only the bacteria, p. acnes, would be resistant to it.

Systemic antibiotics do not work this way. If you had topical anti's then only P. acnes would be resistant, but oral antibiotics affect all bacteria in your body (including helpful bacteria).

Systemic antibiotics do not work this way. If you had topical anti's then only P. acnes would be resistant, but oral antibiotics affect all bacteria in your body (including helpful bacteria).

Say you contract tuberculosis from Africa which is treated with an antibiotic you have taken before. The tuberculosis would be overcome taking that antibiotic because has not evolved a resistance to it yet whereas the other bacteria in your body have -- that is the point I was trying to make.

I had mild acne and i wanted to be clear. I hated getting 2 pimples once every 2 weeks or so. I went on Minocycline.

After 3 months, i went off it cuz doctor thought my acne was gone.

A week later, i broke up and winded up with moderate acne. Then it got worse and worse. I went on accutane, month 3 right now and i have almost what you call "severe".

I had mild acne and i wanted to be clear. I hated getting 2 pimples once every 2 weeks or so. I went on Minocycline.

A week later, i broke up and winded up with moderate acne. Then it got worse and worse. I went on accutane, month 3 right now and i have almost what you call "severe".

Hail to acne treatments hey mate! Then again, why would you seea derm and go on anti's with only 2-3 pimples every other week!! Topicals or a blob of BP at night would of dried them up, maybe not prevented them but god mate that's nothing. Looks like you've hit a really vicious circle bud. Good luck.

Hail to acne treatments hey mate! Then again, why would you seea derm and go on anti's with only 2-3 pimples every other week!! Topicals or a blob of BP at night would of dried them up, maybe not prevented them but god mate that's nothing. Looks like you've hit a really vicious circle bud. Good luck.

Acne doesn't have to be severe to warrant Accutane. It is routinely used where antibiotics have failed. This is true in my case. The AMOUNT of acne wasn't severe in my case, but the cysts were severe enough, even though I was only getting a couple a month, for the derms to strongly encourage me to try Accutane, for several different antibiotics failed.