Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

bp clumbing up with moistirizer?

ok today ive ramped up my dosage of BP because im feeling im not using enough and i waited about 5-10 minutes then applied 5 pumps of Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF15 with vitmin E,C,B5 and AHA , then lower part of my face has alot of residue... i dont know if its the BP or the moistirizer :{ waht should i do? use less moistirizer... or more?

try less moisturizer next time and see if that helps.

I think the instructions say use 2 pumps on that Neutrogena healthy skin.

grr i just used less moistrizer and its giving me that white residue again :[[ maybe i should try more? grr its annoying.

grr i just used less moistrizer and its giving me that white residue again :[[ maybe i should try more? grr its annoying.

Guest Poker-Butt

residue u say? does ur skin feel dry though? if it does then just apply more... i use about 10-15 pumps of my eucerin skin renewal and i get no residue nor am i experiencing tautness of the skin or flakiness whatsoever

so yea, maybe u should try more

hmmm, Healthy SKin is a pretty thick lotion, imo, maybe it's just not absorbing.

You should wait 5-15 mins. after applying the bp to apply the lotion.

If it's still leaving residue, maybe try another, less-thick lotion.

ok today ive ramped up my dosage of BP because im feeling im not using enough and i waited about 5-10 minutes then applied 5 pumps of Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF15 with vitmin E,C,B5 and AHA , then lower part of my face has alot of residue... i dont know if its the BP or the moistirizer :{ waht should i do? use less moistirizer... or more?

Are you using neutogena on-the-spot BP? I am using that and it is clumbing up too when I moisterize. Just wipe the excess of. I usually wait about a min or so after for it to dry and it will come off pretty easy.

Are you using neutogena on-the-spot BP? I am using that and it is clumbing up too when I moisterize. Just wipe the excess of. I usually wait about a min or so after for it to dry and it will come off pretty easy.

I'm surprised to see all the "clumping up" comments. I've used Neutrogena on-the-spot for nearly a year now, and have never had a clumping up issue. Are you all waiting the appropriate time after applying the bp, before applying the moisturizer? Are you smoothing it on gently? Maybe you are rubbing it around too hard. I just sortof pat on the moisturizer and gently spread about, I don't rub, and not in circular motions either.

I've never had a clumping up problem, either with humid weather or dry, or whatever.

hmm ive notcied i rubbed on to hard so i just rubbed it on very gently and it went on better but still had lil white things on my lower chin it has to be the bp or something? so how long should i wait

I'm surprised to see all the "clumping up" comments. I've used Neutrogena on-the-spot for nearly a year now, and have never had a clumping up issue. Are you all waiting the appropriate time after applying the bp, before applying the moisturizer? Are you smoothing it on gently? Maybe you are rubbing it around too hard. I just sortof pat on the moisturizer and gently spread about, I don't rub, and not in circular motions either.

I've never had a clumping up problem, either with humid weather or dry, or whatever.

How long does it take for you to apply the Bp? For me, it dries really quickly. So it gets very sticky if I dont rub it around before it dries. But I barely touch my skin though. Kinda let it glides over it but I have to do it fast though. It usually clumbs up to the spot where I applied alot of Bp to.

Guest Poker-Butt

no...what are u doing steven?

if u want the results that are expected follow the regimen precisely ...

ok...u wash ur face gently w/ a gentle cleanser....then u WAIT 15 mins!

after that u apply ur bp...now depending on how long ur on the regimen u apply the adequate amount ....u rub it in GENTLY ( kinda like ur gently massaging it in)till ur skin has absorbed the gel...this proces takes about 2-3 MINUTES

after this , u WAIT for 15 minutes to go by ... and then u moisturize ... use as much as ur skin needs in order for it to feel normal...GENTLY rub it on.... lightly touching ur face

if u still see "Residue" then change ur moisturizer and find some eucerin skin renewal cuz this baby works great

stick w/ the regimen, dude...and stop doing "STEVEN'S REGIMEN"

no...what are u doing steven?

if u want the results that are expected follow the regimen precisely ...

ok...u wash ur face gently w/ a gentle cleanser....then u WAIT 15 mins!

after that u apply ur bp...now depending on how long ur on the regimen u apply the adequate amount ....u rub it in GENTLY ( kinda like ur gently massaging it in)till ur skin has absorbed the gel...this proces takes about 2-3 MINUTES

after this , u WAIT for 15 minutes to go by ... and then u moisturize ... use as much as ur skin needs in order for it to feel normal...GENTLY rub it on.... lightly touching ur face

if u still see "Residue" then change ur moisturizer and find some eucerin skin renewal cuz this baby works great

stick w/ the regimen, dude...and stop doing "STEVEN'S REGIMEN"

yea, I gotta agree with Miss Butt here, she's right on.

ok this is getting annoying :[ my face looks greasy and i still have those white lil residue's thatim trying to getnyle take off my face.

i wash my lather rinse and repeat with cetpahil gentyle cleanser.

wait 10 minutes , apply bp

i waited 20 minutes and applyed 10 pumps of Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF15 and now im still getting same results. maybe its teh way im applying bP? ive been applying liek dan has ( just put dots on my cheeks nose chin and upper lip and then just rub on from there ) or maybe im rubbing in to much and i should rub a little and let it absorb on its self

ok this is getting annoying :[ my face looks greasy and i still have those white lil residue's thatim trying to getnyle take off my face.

i wash my lather rinse and repeat with cetpahil gentyle cleanser.

wait 10 minutes , apply bp

i waited 20 minutes and applyed 10 pumps of Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF15 and now im still getting same results. maybe its teh way im applying bP? ive been applying liek dan has ( just put dots on my cheeks nose chin and upper lip and then just rub on from there ) or maybe im rubbing in to much and i should rub a little and let it absorb on its self

10 pumps? I only use 2-3 and its more than enough. 2-3 is like a fingers worth.

ok Steven, have you considered maybe a different cleanser? Some people feel like Cetaphil doesn't "clean" as well as other cleansers.

Maybe consider another.

im sure its not the cleanser leaving the residue , it has to be the bP because i dont see nothing on my face after i clean it

Guest Poker-Butt

what bp r u using? ... it certainly cant be Dan's cuz i use it and it leaves no residue... so it can be ur cleanser ...cuz no one else is complaining about the neutrogena moisturizer

I use Dan's gel, it leaves white streaks and patches all over my face, and results in a big mess when I put on Neutrogena moisturizer. Often I use a very small amount of BP during the day, for that reason.

Guest Poker-Butt

REALLY? THATS CRAZY TO ME... I DUNNO WHAT U GUYS R DOING CUZ I USE A WHOLE GNAG-LOAD OF BP AND A WHOLE GANG LOAD- OF EUCERIN MOISTURIZER AND I NEVER GET RESIDUE

Eucerin is more watery than the Neutrogena stuff. Isn't it getting discontinued? I never liked it because of the Alpha Hydroxy stuff in there, it irritated my skin and made it really oily. Neutrogena is really pure and doesn't irritate.

Guest Poker-Butt

YEA IT IS BEING DISCONTINUED , SO I STOCKED UP :D

WELL I DUNNO GOOD LUCK W/ THE RESIDUE GUYS

im using Neutrogena on the spot bp ( the small lil tub )

pokerbutt are you clear now from the regime? if ive been doing it wrong this whole time now i guess im doing it right ( soft cleanser , alot of bp , and mousitizer with AHA ) , how long should i expect to get clear? ( i only have like 4 active pimpals ) rest are like lil things undermyskin ( not that many ) and i have alot of redmarks ( how long will it take to get rid of those also with the AHA )