Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Hydroquinine

Read an acne book recently that recommended hydroquinine as the best thing for red marks. Has anyone tried this? If so, where did you get it from and did it do you any good? One person said it's not available in the UK, does anyone know if this is true?

lol, not quinine, hydroquinone. It inhibits melanin production and can fade marks, but generally is not recommeded for post-acne marks although some people have claimed to have success. However, there's little point to using hydroquinone if you dont use a sunscreen as well, and you need to buy this product in a pump or tube because it degrades after contact with air.

Read an acne book recently that recommended hydroquinine as the best thing for red marks. Has anyone tried this? If so, where did you get it from and did it do you any good? One person said it's not available in the UK, does anyone know if this is true?

It's not the best thing. It does help certain individuals. For me, it takes months and months to kick in, so I rather kick it out lol

I'm also interested in this cream as i've heard it can fade nasty freckles, of which i have a few. Would it stop me getting them permanently, or just for as long as i use it?