Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItzCashew

Here take this test to see if oyu're depress.

http://www.abc.net.au/health/depression/quiz.htm

here's mine:

Your score is: 23

You appear to be suffering from moderate depressive symptoms, commonly associated with depressive disorders.

You may be feeling hopeless and uninterested in life, eating or sleeping more or less than usual, and/or feeling less interest and pleaure in sex. But this illness may also cause other symptoms not easily recognized as depression, such as anxiety, irritability, agitation, or chronic indecisiveness. In other words, you can suffer a depression and not feel blue.

These symptoms appear to be causing you some noticeable signs of impairment and distress, and you would probably benefit from the attention of a trained mental health professional for further evaluation and a more comprehensive diagnosis.

I've never been depressed. My problems have always been a lashing out, not a withdrawing in.

From the sounds of it, depression would be awful.

lol - here, too, Terri. I run towards the manic side rather than the depressive side. Either way's a bitch, but I think depression would be harder to muddle through.

Guest <*>

Your score is: 38

The likelihood that you have major or clinical depression is high.

You should see a trained health professional to confirm the diagnosis and discuss what treatment might be best for you. Some people with depression begin to feel that nothing will make them feel better. This is an expected feeling when you are depressed. You need to talk with someone about how depression is treated today and learn more about the large number of people like yourself who have recovered.

The CESD or Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale was developed in the late 1970s and has been completed by thousands of individuals in medical settings and studies. The CESD is designed to find individuals who have major or clinical depression. Almost 85 per cent of those found to have depression after an in-depth structured interview with a psychiatrist will have a high score on the CES-Depression Scale.

On the other hand, about 20 per cent of those who score high on the scale will have their symptoms resolve quickly and not turn out to have major or clinical depression. Anyone who has a high score on the CESD should discuss their symptoms with a health professional they trust within two weeks, or earlier if necessary. Deciding to seek care is not easy because people frequently feel depression will go away on its own. But delaying treatment can be dangerous and help is available.

Your score is: 5

Only a trained professional who has been able to interview you will be able to determine if you have depression. However, your score on the CES-Depression Scale indicates that you have a very low probability of having depression at this time.

This is because I stopped caring about my face and all those goddamned pimples :dance:

Your score is: 40

The likelihood that you have major or clinical depression is high.

You should see a trained health professional to confirm the diagnosis and discuss what treatment might be best for you. Some people with depression begin to feel that nothing will make them feel better. This is an expected feeling when you are depressed. You need to talk with someone about how depression is treated today and learn more about the large number of people like yourself who have recovered.

The CESD or Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale was developed in the late 1970s and has been completed by thousands of individuals in medical settings and studies. The CESD is designed to find individuals who have major or clinical depression. Almost 85 per cent of those found to have depression after an in-depth structured interview with a psychiatrist will have a high score on the CES-Depression Scale.

On the other hand, about 20 per cent of those who score high on the scale will have their symptoms resolve quickly and not turn out to have major or clinical depression. Anyone who has a high score on the CESD should discuss their symptoms with a health professional they trust within two weeks, or earlier if necessary. Deciding to seek care is not easy because people frequently feel depression will go away on its own. But delaying treatment can be dangerous and help is available.

I got 23 too...hmmm....there is some closure, ive been feeling blue lately and very self-conscious. about how i look and how my friends look and how my friends look to each other andto other people...as if im tryna identify myself with how they look so i can look and feel better about myself....whoa that looks weird written...like im some obsessed freak....its a bit creepy.. :think:

My score is: 20

You appear to be suffering from moderate depressive symptoms, commonly associated with depressive disorders.

You may be feeling hopeless and uninterested in life, eating or sleeping more or less than usual, and/or feeling less interest and pleaure in sex. But this illness may also cause other symptoms not easily recognized as depression, such as anxiety, irritability, agitation, or chronic indecisiveness. In other words, you can suffer a depression and not feel blue.

These symptoms appear to be causing you some noticeable signs of impairment and distress, and you would probably benefit from the attention of a trained mental health professional for further evaluation and a more comprehensive diagnosis.

I don't know about the sex part. But, I feel more hornier now then before... :whistle:

Guest tenshigirl25

22..uninterested in life..sounds about right. :confused:

well looks like everyone is or will be a manic depressive in the future. lol!

When will we learn these test are absolute bollocks?

Guest <*>

I'm feeling better at the moment, it's weird, I feel like shitin the evenings and a bit better during the day.

I want to change my life, start a new leaf and be a better person.

I want to make something of my life, I want to have fun but most of all I want to be happy.

I got 22. I gues thats b/c my skin has suddenly got really bad and bad things have happend recently. Im usually quite happy but I know myself w/o taking that quiz that im prone to feeling bouts of depression.

hmm

"People with mild depression can usually still function at work and socially, but may have a low-level depressed mood, feelings of boredom or restlessness, or poor self-esteem. These symptoms may be attributable to things that are going on in your life, but quite often there is nothing to blame them on. This can be confusing for both the person affected and their loved ones. You may benefit from the attention of a trained mental health professional for further evaluation and a more accurate diagnosis."

i'd say thats about right