Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NomadicTraveller

Need Advice on my redness and scars

Well here I go

I need some advice on what I can do to get rid of this scarring and redness I'm sick of it...I used to have nice olive skin tone then I broke out and have redness and scars all over...its sucks and is depressing

here are some pics

fuck it you people are dip shits way to reasure my misanthropic view that all human are as much as bacteria of this planet as the acne is...fuck all i wanted was some advice, in person my face looks way worse

dumbasses

Dude,

I really don't even know what to say or recommend cause your skin is about as normal as it gets. Yeah I see some spots of redness but they are nothing out of the ordinary. By the way I am as straight as they come so I don't have any problem saying you are a decent looking fella. Maybe the lighting in the picture is forgiving but any scarring you have is far and few between. I see some rough texture if I look really close but nothing out of the ordinary. I would go as far as to say you have good looking skin.

Instead of spending your money on treatments you might want to go out and get an HDTV and HD receiver you will find most of the hottest actors have skin like yours or worse.

I am trying to be sincere and I am not down playing your scars. I am just telling you what I am seeing.

Also as good as your skin is I think most any type of treatments would more likely damage your skin more than improve it.

Colin

As Colin has already mentioned, I think your skin looks great and you're a good-looking guy too. Perhaps I can't see what you see (being not in person, etc.), save for some light discolouration and a little pores here and there, but it looks natural.

"Ugly as sin" is a gross exaggeration.

Maybe you can take a better picture? Otherwise, I find your skin really good.

I feel my skin looks worse because of red marks and open/enlarged pores, and there is mild/slight/light scarring on my cheekbones which aren't very visible from certain angles, but I know they are there based on the shadows that appear under specific light conditions.

Couldn't agree more with Narcissus and IBDN...... :doh:

Your skin looks totally normal and you're a nice looking guy with great eyes.........the ONLY thing I would critique is your eyebrows.....but you ARE a guy and you are supposed to have full eyebrows. My husband has them, too...... :dance:

i think we've found a boyfriend for tenshi (whatever her name is...) you guys are a match made in heaven. i'm one to agree everything is relative, but if those pics are accurate, you're totally insane.

i think we've found a boyfriend for tenshi (whatever her name is...) you guys are a match made in heaven. i'm one to agree everything is relative, but if those pics are accurate, you're totally insane.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nomadic,

Thanks for posting your pictures and I really hope you find useful information on this forum.

After looking at your pics, I think you have some minor scarring around your sideburns and enlarged/open pores around your nose area. I can also see that you have suffered from either chiken pox or measles when you were a child. Your scarring is not bad at all in general. If I saw you in person, I wouldn't notice them. However, I do see a more serious problem there. it's your skin redness and If I'm not mistaken, I think you suffer from one of the following:

A) Chronic Constimpation. Just to be sure, try some natural treatments to control this problem and have a consultation with a gastroenterologist. Some people with chronic stomach or intestine problems show that kind of redness around the nose area.

B)Rosacea. Honestly, I think this is what you have. Rosacea is a chronic skin condition. There are 5 rosacea stages, and the fith is the wrost one. It attacks one of the following areas: nose, chin or forehead or sometimes the three of them combined. Eventhough its cause is totally unknown, there are some factors which worsen this condition such as sun exposure,extreme temperatures, spicy foods, prolonged use of cosmetics/creams, and lifestyle. For many years, it many doctors thought that rosacea only affected people over 40. However, there are many current studies which show that rosacea may be also inherited and therefore, it can manifest at any age. Another misconception is that rosacea affects only white people, but it was proven to be wrong too. The only ethnic group that don't suffer from rosacea is the black comunity. So if you have olive, hispanic or mediterranean skin, you may be a good candidate. I think you have Rosacea stage 1 which is exactly what your pictures shows. If your redness has been there for quite a long time, you better check it with a dermatologist. And I bet most of them will tell it's nothing important. But if the redness doesn't go sway or worsens, you should ask for a second opinion. Also, never ,ever try the following skin products/treatments: Benz.Perx. creams, Retin-a products, AHA's, BHA's(including glycolic acid) , alchol containing creams, Chemica peels, They only worsen your condition. To be on the safe side, use a natural sun block such as a zinc oxide cream, when you wash your face make sure water is neither hot nor cold. Use a fragrance free soap with lantolin.

Again, I see redness is your big problem and you should seek inmediate attention. Meanwhile go to google.com and type rosacea and you will find bunch of useful information.

I hope I'm wrong, but you have the last word.

Guest quack

you must be joking

i really don't see anything. maybe its the camera but anyway, your skin looks great and "i'm ugly as sin" --- you're NOT.

not to be mean, but you have to be kidding. Seriously, if you come in saying things like that, you're really putting a lot of people down who have it 100000 X worse than you.

You should SERIOUSLY consider investing some money into a therapist. Look up "Neurolinguistic programming" (NLP). It deals with people like you. The kind that are fucked up in the head. I recommend Richard Bandler as a psychotherapist. He's been known to doing miracles, even with people as fucked as you.

Thanks for the kind words but I think some of you need to get new glasses or a better comp monitor...I clearly have some nasty rosacea as fighter05 has mentioned.

It might not look bad to you but to me it is depressing and I can't build any type of confidence...I can barely handle a bright room or any mirrors or any crowded places. It sucks I feel like crap and people treat me like it.

Onto Fighter05 thank you for the recommendations and I will seek further info with a dermatologist, I think i've had rosacea since i was 18 maybe younger I am now 24 and it sucks to look the way I do at this age. Also yes I had chicken pox when I was a kid.

I don't think I have any digestion problems so I don't think that's the case.

Again thanks

dude your good to go. thats all you have and your already depressed...damn. be happy cuz most of us are striving to have skin just like yours. dont beat yourself up, your redness is hardly noticable, your skin is smooth....but then again it is your skin and perfection has its own meaning to each of us.

I do see some scars on your cheeks and I can understand why they bother you. I also know how hard scars are to capture on camera when they are shallow but that doesn't mean that they don't catch light funny at other times and make your skin look like total crap when it does. I think your color looks pretty good though I would believe that you have Rosacia. I use Finecea for redness and it seems to work nicely...maybe you could ask your doc for that. I also like your eyebrows...don't ever let anyone wax them or you'll look femmy. Good luck with your skin.

I do see some scars on your cheeks and I can understand why they bother you. I also know how hard scars are to capture on camera when they are shallow but that doesn't mean that they don't catch light funny at other times and make your skin look like total crap when it does. I think your color looks pretty good though I would believe that you have Rosacia. I use Finecea for redness and it seems to work nicely...maybe you could ask your doc for that. I also like your eyebrows...don't ever let anyone wax them or you'll look femmy. Good luck with your skin.

:doh::snooty::rolleyes::doh::wacko:

again, everything is relative, but even as far as rosacea goes, google image it and you'll see what it looks like when it looks bad. also, putting your pics up for advice is one thing, but the "ugly as sin" part is another. you're like a skinny girl who thinks she's overweight standing in the middle of a fat farm complaining that you're fat. the fat girls are going to eat you for lunch man.

you're like a skinny girl who thinks she's overweight standing in the middle of a fat farm complaining that you're fat. the fat girls are going to eat you for lunch man.

ha ha! that's the best comment i've heard in a while! it's true!

again, everything is relative, but even as far as rosacea goes, google image it and you'll see what it looks like when it looks bad. also, putting your pics up for advice is one thing, but the "ugly as sin" part is another. you're like a skinny girl who thinks she's overweight standing in the middle of a fat farm complaining that you're fat. the fat girls are going to eat you for lunch man.

:lol2: :clap: :lol2: :idea::dance:

Your skin is a beaut! But for gods sake, you asked for some advise not some criticism.

Sooo, i think you should try some mild peels, and you'll be as sound as a pound!

Your skin is a beaut! But for gods sake, you asked for some advise not some criticism.

Sooo, i think you should try some mild peels, and you'll be as sound as a pound!

No fuck that go to bed and wake up and do nothing...be happy with your skin, fucking irritates me that someone with skin like you is complaining...

fucknm bwefijbhwklfenclewancwel fuck wekjlflkwencleknscw!!!!!!!!! haaa (<<<<ANGER)

:doh::snooty::rolleyes::doh::wacko:

Hum Denise,

Are you judging my comments? That's odd, because if you have scars you know that taking pictures of them can be hard and if he had a flash on or is standing in really flat day light their visibility would of course be greatly deminished in the photos...I can clearly see some dents that are nicely camouflaged by lighting. Maybe you should look at some crappy before and after photos and see how lighting can completely erase a scar. Just because they don't have sharp edges doesn't mean the dents aren't there. Remember compassion. The people here are here for help, support and advice. This is not a scar competition. Have a heart. If you don't relate, it's best to stay out of it.

Best,

Violet