Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnemakesmesad

How safe is a liver/bowel cleanse

Hey,

So apparently i may have Irritable Bowel Syndrome...I'm getting tested for it. I was wondering, is it safe for me to do a liver/bowel cleanse when I have this condition? Does anyone know?

Hey,

So apparently i may have Irritable Bowel Syndrome...I'm getting tested for it. I was wondering, is it safe for me to do a liver/bowel cleanse when I have this condition? Does anyone know?

I would go to Curezone's Liverflush board and ask, seriously. You really don't want to do something that could be harmful. I'm a huge proponent of flushing, but bowel cleansing is 100% essential or you risk breaking out MORE. I *think* you would be ok, but don't want to mislead you.

If you do have IBS, then you have to be very careful about how you proceed.

I'm sure this has been asked on the Liverflush Forum before, but I don't recall the answer. There are hundreds if not thousands of people there who have a lot of experience in these matters that should be able to help you.

Best wishes!

Hey there.

Last winter I decided to try the natural route to get rid of my acne and undertook a liver flush, some enemas and also a big diet change. To cut a long story short, I ended up messing up my whole system and making my acne much much worse. It took months for me to sort out my bowels and stop getting stomach cramps.

I'm not saying that liver flushes and the like are bad, i'm sure in some people they may help with acne, but what i would say is be very careful. If you already have IBS I would personally advise against messing with your bowels any further, cos i've experienced how much damage it can cause. You're likely to do more harm than good.

Either way i'd consult your doctor cos they're gonna be able to advise you the best.

Good luck.

Hey there.

Last winter I decided to try the natural route to get rid of my acne and undertook a liver flush, some enemas and also a big diet change. To cut a long story short, I ended up messing up my whole system and making my acne much much worse. It took months for me to sort out my bowels and stop getting stomach cramps.

I'm not saying that liver flushes and the like are bad, i'm sure in some people they may help with acne, but what i would say is be very careful. If you already have IBS I would personally advise against messing with your bowels any further, cos i've experienced how much damage it can cause. You're likely to do more harm than good.

Either way i'd consult your doctor cos they're gonna be able to advise you the best.

Good luck.

No offense but there aren't any doctors that would ever advise doing a liverflush. That's a lost cause. It would be better to talk to people who have done liverflushes who have IBS or know someone who has IBS who has done a flush.

To Denise2 --> you're right, that's why im asking here. my doctors do not belive in the natural homeopathic stuff. They want to put me on a drugs for everything.

To Minds_1 --> Thanks for that info, its something for me to think about.

Ac3, thanks anyhow.

I am a huge believer in the natural route... go to whole foods and ask one of the workers in the whole body department. Most of them know what they are talking about. I have done 3 or 4 different cleanses and have been pleases with all of them.

No offense but there aren't any doctors that would ever advise doing a liverflush. That's a lost cause. It would be better to talk to people who have done liverflushes who have IBS or know someone who has IBS who has done a flush.

That's how I got in such a mess: taking advice from people, however well-meaning, who don't really know what they're talking about. I'm just saying be careful, that's all.

I would advise you not to do this. I have IBS and I have never tried a cleanse, but I do know that when you have IBS your system is very sensitive. If you were to irritate your system by doing a flush it could not only make your acne worse, but your IBS as well. Maybe try and go to a natropath doctor (this is where I go for my IBS because I do not like all the drugs etc.) and ask them about a flush. Other than that, I woudln't bother.

That's how I got in such a mess: taking advice from people, however well-meaning, who don't really know what they're talking about. I'm just saying be careful, that's all.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience, but your experience is quite the exception. Matter of fact, you are the ONLY person I've heard of who has had this experience.

I have no doubt that what you are saying happened, but you evidently had an underlying problem that perhaps you weren't aware of.

I would advise you not to do this. I have IBS and I have never tried a cleanse, but I do know that when you have IBS your system is very sensitive. If you were to irritate your system by doing a flush it could not only make your acne worse, but your IBS as well. Maybe try and go to a natropath doctor (this is where I go for my IBS because I do not like all the drugs etc.) and ask them about a flush. Other than that, I woudln't bother.

Thank you for posting this! I can't afford a naturopath doctor ($160 first appointment, $70 every one afterwards!). I think I will just try to maintain a healthy diet for now. Do you use fibre supplements at all? LIke metamucil or anything like that?