Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin is pretty much clear at this moment in time, thanks to giving up acne products and using a more gentle regimen. I haven't been this clear in over two years and I fear that if I do ANYTHING different my skin will go back to its previous condition. I really want to start working out again, but I fear that all the sweat will cause me to breakout. I know most people would say, "just take a shower after you get done, then call it a night and go to bed". Sad thing is that my boyfriend/future workout partner wants to workout like around 5:00 and then see me again later that night. The major problem is that I wear makeup, and I won't be seen without it! So if I workout this would be my day - wakeup, take shower, put on makeup, go about my day, wash off makeup, go workout, take shower to wash off sweat, put back on makeup, go get dinner/see boyfriend, wash face again to get off makeup, then go to bed. Doesn't that seem like way too much washing? Should I at least give it a try and see how my face reacts? Should I just try to make him workout later in the day? See, this is what acne does to a person, it makes them paranoid of everything!

sweat doesn't make u break out. not washing it will

get one of those sweat bands for your head. keeps the sweat off ur face

sweat doesn't make u break out. not washing it will

get one of those sweat bands for your head. keeps the sweat off ur face

DAMN!

lol what's funny about this, for me, is i always used to make fun of my whtie friends that wore/wear sweatbands just for the hell of it and i could NEVER imagine myself wearing one...would any type of sweatband be better than another? like could i get a nike headband or would it clog my pores or what?

i'm talkin about headbands, not sweatbands...cuz i ALWAYS sweat on my forehead and that's where my acne's the worst

My skin is pretty much clear at this moment in time, thanks to giving up acne products and using a more gentle regimen. I haven't been this clear in over two years and I fear that if I do ANYTHING different my skin will go back to its previous condition. I really want to start working out again, but I fear that all the sweat will cause me to breakout. I know most people would say, "just take a shower after you get done, then call it a night and go to bed". Sad thing is that my boyfriend/future workout partner wants to workout like around 5:00 and then see me again later that night. The major problem is that I wear makeup, and I won't be seen without it! So if I workout this would be my day - wakeup, take shower, put on makeup, go about my day, wash off makeup, go workout, take shower to wash off sweat, put back on makeup, go get dinner/see boyfriend, wash face again to get off makeup, then go to bed. Doesn't that seem like way too much washing? Should I at least give it a try and see how my face reacts? Should I just try to make him workout later in the day? See, this is what acne does to a person, it makes them paranoid of everything!

yeah that sounds about right. cumbersome, but effective lol. sounds like what i do.

see aftre I workout I dont wash my face but pat dry the sweat off...later int he day I wash my face...cause in the morning I wash my face and put on my topical meds..so if I wash my face rigth afetr than i'm wasting the medciation effect right...

When I went to the gym right after school, I would use a stridex pad (baby wipes or any other pads will work too) before and after my workout and cleanse as usual before bed, and that wasn't too much washing and didn't irritate my skin. It helps if you give your chest and back a quick swipe afterwards too, since bacteria grows superfast under a sweaty sports bra.

Are morning workouts possible with your schedule? I tend to workout first thing in the morning. Wakeup, go work out, take your shower, makeup and then you're set fo the rest of the day without all the extra washing and application/removal of make-up.

I wish I could workout in the mornings, but I can't because I have class. I might just splash water on my face after I get done workingout, my skin is so sensitive I don't know if I could use wips on my skin.