Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28456

Flakey from cleansing?

after i wash my face with basis soap, i dry it with paper towels. then there's these little flake things around my chin and cheek. then i would wet my face again and scrub my face with my fingers (no soap). then i dry again and the flakes are gone.

should i be doing this? i don't think i should be scrubbing my face at all. :think::think:

Guest Poker-Butt

IVE BEEN WONDERING THIS TOO...SHOULD I LEAVE EM THERE...OR SHOULD I RUB EM A LITTLE...AM I CAUSING IRRITATION TO MY SKIN WHEN I DO THIS? UGH...I JUST CANT HELP IT SOMETIMES

I wash my face until it's "squeaky clean." Don't rub your skin, but very gently wash it with soap a few more times, and you'll wash off all the flakes.

it feels kinda like when you're taking a shower, and u scrub like your arm or your leg or something, and there's little flakey grim things that come off, and u rinse. feels kinda like that but smaller

i just leave them. my skins being really wierd atm. the moi i use is doing a good job of stopping them somedays but not the other. i dont like the idea of wahing again to get the flakes off as thats what causes them in the first place.

i take a dry paper towel and lightly brush it off. but usually that never works. so i just wet my face and scrub those areas. i must say though. after scrubbing my face feels really really clean.

Ye I get this too

Dont scrub it away with your fingers.. irritation is BAD mmmkay

Just wait till you moisturize and it should all be gone by then

If its still a problem after your moisturize, then look into getting some eucerin renewal with lactic acid in it from amazon.com

most of peoplethat have this problem cleanse with a "bar of soap" and i get it to also sometimes , and on Dan's reconmmend products list if you clck on the Neutrogena gentle liquid cleanser or cream w.e it is , it stats that it leaves no residue after wash that might clog pores. so im almost certain we have this problem with bar of soap's , if anyone that dosnet use a bar of soap and has this problem please say so :D

I would not recommend scrubbing them. When I used to do that, I would breakout slightly. Now, I just leave them after I wash and in 15 min they soak into the skin and they're no longer visible and I apply BP on top. If after 15 min, they're still visible for you, wait a bit more. If you're not dry during the day at all, they should soak in by 15 min of waiting. After the moisturizer has soaked in, they should be gone comepletely and your face should look flakiless and not be dry at all. If you are dry, consider switching to a moisturizer which will hydrate you for the entire day; this will automatically reduce flakiness.

get a liquid cleanser if its really bothering you

something like spectro jel (canada only) or the cetaphil liquid cleanser

I use the liquid Cetaphil cleanser and i still get those dry flakes around my mouth and around my eye areas. I thought it was from the BP but i used a lot less and it's still there so i'm confused by what's going on. :(

i remember back in the day when i used acnefree. after cleansing, i use a cotton ball and put some toner on it and wipe my face. the flakes all go away just like that. hmmm

i get that too, around my mouth and lower cheeks/neck! weird because i dont even put bp there. i just bought a really gentle facial exfoliation sponge from cvs and that seems to help a little, i dont know though.

I too get the same flakes around my chin and eyes..i used some left over proactive toner the 1st couple days of the regiment and they went away. but i stopped b/c i didnt want to "add" anything to it until i was clear but i know what youre going through. i would like to get this problem under control. Im using Neutrogena acne bar so maybe i should also switch to a liquid cleanser.