Find results in...

Time for a change?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do I do?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D

Right, im nearly at day 50 on Dan's regimen and Im still very, very dry and very flakey. Whether the flakes are deadskin or just severe dryness i dont know. I think its my cleanser that is contributing to most of the dryness.

Now do I...

a) Keep regimen as it is and bare with it (Pears Soap, Neutrogena Visibly Refined AHA & Retinol Moisturiser)

b) Change the moi. to Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream and change cleanser to Neutrogena Visibly Refined Facial Wash

c) Just change the moi. to Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream

d) Just change cleanser to Neutrogena Visibly Refined Facial Wash

Please help with this. :wall:

Guest Poker-Butt

MATT, TRY AND FIND SOME EUCERIN SKIN RENEWAL , ITS THE BEST...U WONT HAVE PROBLEMS W/ DRYNESS AFTERWARDS

MATT, TRY AND FIND SOME EUCERIN SKIN RENEWAL , ITS THE BEST...U WONT HAVE PROBLEMS W/ DRYNESS AFTERWARDS

u cant get it over here. plus its being disconned anyway.... i guess this eucerin is the next best stuff...

Guest Poker-Butt

DAMN... IF U WANT I CAN GET U SOME AND U CAN JUST SEND ME A MONEY ORDER OR CHECK , AND I'LL MAIL HOW MANY U WANT OF THEM, I CAN EASILY GET EM OFF DRUGSTORE.COM

DAMN... IF U WANT I CAN GET U SOME AND U CAN JUST SEND ME A MONEY ORDER OR CHECK , AND I'LL MAIL HOW MANY U WANT OF THEM, I CAN EASILY GET EM OFF DRUGSTORE.COM

ha! sweet. nah its ok thanks! il give this eucerin stuff a go first. cheers for offerin tho! :wub:

Guest Poker-Butt

HAHA WHY U SAY THAT? THE CAPS ON? JUST TRYING TO ANNOY HIM A LIL

Matt, I think you have a nice AHA lotion but if you are already dry AHA can sometimes make it worse. I would try to find a plain gentle, non clogging moisturizer and use that, then add in some AHA every few days.

I still find myself struggling between sandpaper and decently moisturized skin but usually what helps me is just taking a break from the BP. I just cleanse, and moisturizer twice a day for one day or so and then go back to the BP.

I agree with both of these replies.

I think your retinol/aha is the problem (we had discussed in another thread).

If you can't get a hold of Eucerin Skin Renewal, just find a gentle, oil-free, non-medicated moisturizer and try it. Retinol and AHA can both be irritating, and top it off with bp, and it might be why you are so flaky.

best wishes.

I don't like the sound of something that is called a "soap" and is for "all your bathing needs". See if you can get yourself a facial cleanser, pH balanced if possible, and non-overdrying.

I would say ditch the BP -- it doesn't work for everyone, and 50 days is a VERY long adjustment period. Sounds like it's just not happening for you. Alternatively, have you tried applying moisturizer first, then BP? that might cut down on irritation, or even do BP every other day.

Guest yahyah

Right, im nearly at day 50 on Dan's regimen and Im still very, very dry and very flakey. Whether the flakes are deadskin or just severe dryness i dont know. I think its my cleanser that is contributing to most of the dryness.

Now do I...

a) Keep regimen as it is and bare with it (Pears Soap, Neutrogena Visibly Refined AHA & Retinol Moisturiser)

b) Change the moi. to Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream and change cleanser to Neutrogena Visibly Refined Facial Wash

c) Just change the moi. to Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream

d) Just change cleanser to Neutrogena Visibly Refined Facial Wash

Please help with this. :wall:

STOP USING PEARS SOAP FOR A START!!! Yes, it is a great soap if you've got really oily skin.. if you haven't, or even slightly, it dries your skin terribly. Its probably contributing to the flakes by 98%! I used pears and started to get dry skin on my palms!!! Not to mention how bad my face looked. Switch to a moisturising soap, like Dove, and moisturise loads... literally, a couple of times a day. you should start to see a major improvement

I see alot of people slating Pears Soap for me this works great and i use BP also if you have oily skin pears soap cuts it down its cut my oily skin down by half im not so oily now if you just apply a thin layer of pears soap and wash it off immeaditly it shouldent be over drying

anyways heres what id do if i was in your position...

1) Stop BP for 2 to 4 days and just Moisturise this way it gives your skin a break

2) After the break period Change the moisturiser and start BP again with that moisturiser and see how it goes

3) If step 2 didnt work then try using a differnt Soap with the same moisturiser and see if your still flaky if your still Flaky/Over-dry then you can try that soap with another differnt moisturiser

If none of that works which at least part ofit should i suggest you go to see your Doctor and tell him what acne treatments/regimens you have tryed and not been succesfull with he should give you advice on what to do next

i used Dove soap for 2 days and it gave me a MAJOR breakout so ill never touch any Dove soap again. But every ones skin reacts differnt to certain products so it could work for you

Hope all goes well Matt. :cool: