Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katsanjammer

7 weeks and suffering!!!

Well, I've been following the regimen closely...wash face with Cetaphil gentle cleansing cleanser, wait 10 mintues or so, then apply lots of Neutrogena on the spot, wait another 10 - 15 minutes (but sometimes up to 45 minutes if I'm in a rush and have to get to work) , and then apply moisturizer. I use either Cetaphil moisturizer with SPH or another one called Hydraphil that I used before and was fine for me.

Anyhow, my forhead has cleared tremendously. I used to have lots of tiny bumps there. BUT my left cheek has just been exploding!!! That is by far my worse side (and it's not the side I sleep on). It seems like everyday there is a new big bump that hurts. I'm just hoping all the bastards that were below the skin are coming out now, but it is hell.

So, tell me, what were your experiences around week seven?

PS. I have moderate acne.

One thing you might consider is trying another cleanser. Some people really love and do well with Cetaphil, and others seem to keep breaking out while using it. So, just something for you to think about. I wouldn't recommend any other changes though, just hang in there, be gentle. Sometimes it takes up to around month 3 before stubborn acne is under control.

best wishes.

Thanks a bunch. I love the way the Cetaphil cleanser feels, but I may look into trying something else. Really hope this crap clears up!

Anyone else have experiences to share about week 7?

Thanks a bunch. I love the way the Cetaphil cleanser feels...

I love the way it smells. Pure cleanliness.

Hah, I have nothing else to offer but my wishes for your success.

I used the Cetaphil bar early on but later switched to Purpose. I think Purpose does a better job on my skin and leaves me feeling cleaner -- not just soft like Cetaphil.