Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
apollo1337

After you take a shower...

i dont wash my face in the shower anymore because i find i use hotter water in the shower then i would in the sink.

Yeah for me it shows more. But when i wake up in the morning and look in the mirror my skin looks nice...too bad it doesn't last after you wash your face.

Same here, im pretty sure its because your pores are open. Mine is also red when i wake up in the morning, im thinkin bc all the blood hasnt left my head yet. :lol2:

Mine always does. I think it's because I like hot showers, and the heat causes my blood vessels under my skin to dilate, so my redmarks and pimples look redder. The same thing happens to me at the gym if I get all hot and sweaty.

Yes mine shows more - I think its because the water in the shower is hotter than the water I normally use and this ultimatly makes your face look redder and the acne worse. If I splash my face with cold water afterwards the redness goes down.

Guest quack

mine doesn't show more!! it's hardly noticeable for about 15 minutes after a shower.

--- i do not know why :shrug: --

i'm the same as quack. after a shower it almost seems to vanish. I love hot showers (then i stand under the cold water after) it takes away ALL the red and then after awhile it never goes back to being quite as red until the evening, then i just shower again and use my meds (benzamycin) :)

my acne always looks worse when I get out of the shower. It usually looks better in about an hour.....by the way, my skin has cleared up dramatically since I quit using a moisturizer!

The only products I am using are Mint Julep Masque and Astara Blue mask!

nahhh not really it looks the same... the only reason it may look worse than before is because of the steam, it opens up your pores and makes your pimples redder and stuff

when i used bp or any topical it appeared good and then i showered and it was horrible looking. id suggest using bottle water and put it in a cheap plant sprayer. if you want it warm put it on the stove for a few minutes and cool let it be its also good for putting in my hair. i dont use a soap much but the one i use is logana its certified natural cosmetic brands

Yeah, but after a while it looks better. Like when i get out of the shower my face is kinda red, but it usually get alot better after like 30 mins or so.

Ive just noticed that my face gets more red after i drink alcohol. Seems like the same thing happens after i shower. I know that when i drink my body gets dehydrated and im sure thats the reason for the redness. I wonder if you get slightly dehydrated in the shower??

Nah, Im sure its just bc of the open pores.

Any opinions?