Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

Best eye area moisturizer?

My eye area feels very dry and the fine lines are showing as a result. What's the best moisturizer out there for this sensitive area? Cetaphil lotion for dry sensitive skin doesn't seem to make it any more comfortable and irritates my eyes. Thanks!

I never did think to moisturize my eye area . . . does anyone know anything that will help with calming the skin down around there and relieving tired poofy dark circles by any chance?

Guest funkychicken

Do not use moisturiser for your face on your eyes!!!! Also do not use BP near your eyes.

As for eye creams check out the link

http://www.laprairie.com/shoponline/moisture_eyes.html

La Prairie do lovely eye creams. Good luck.

if you're a millionaire and silly enough to buy it! :lol2: You need a reality check!

I like the Equate version of L'Oreal Revitalift. It comes in a pink container. They make a little one "for eyes" and a bigger one that's for "face and neck". I looked at the ingredients and they're the exact same thing, but the bigger container is a better value for your money. Go to Wal-Mart to find it. It seems to work very well for me and you don't need much.

My current eye Regimen is to apply VitaK Solution after cleansing and drying -- BEFORE APPLYING ANY BP. I then apply BP to my face avoiding the eye area where I just put VitaK. After waiting awhile for everything to dry -- usually 30+ minutes because I apply lots of BP -- I go to the moisturizing phase.

I use Eucerin Skin Renewal and put it on the area below my eyes spreading from the inside corners out. This makes sure I don't bring BP onto my eyes. I don't rub it in much, just put a thin white layer. I then moisturize the remainder of my face being careful not to go near my eyes because it will bring BP in.

I originally started this Regimen to get rid of dark circles under my eyes. It didn't do so much for that but has reduced the puffiness and has made the fine lines I had almost completely disappear. I just purchased a generic Hylexin eye cream at CVS that I'm going to switch to when my VitaK runs out. I want to get rid of those dark circles!

I'm not sure how safe Eucerin is to put anywhere near your eyes, I am personally very careful not to get it in them. The combination of VitaK and Eucerin DOES often burn my eyes at night. It goes away pretty quickly when I wake up and wash so I'm not worried about it. If I use less Eucerin it tends to run less and as a result I get less burning.

Not sure if any of that is useful or not but hopefully it is worth something. Like I said, I started VitaK for removing dark circles and I'm disappointed it didn't help more. I am EXTREMELY pleased with how the VitaK and Eucerin combo rid me of my fine lines though. I'll post back on the Hylexin knock off when I've tried it for awhile.

My fave eye moisturizer is Clinique anti-gravity firming eye lift. Yeah, it's a little expensive (somewhere around $20+) but the jar lasts forever and ever. It moisturizes and gets rid of puffiness. It also has a brightening effect which has erased my dark circles. It's a miracle! ha ha ha. But I do think it's well worth the money. Also, I put on the eye cream after washing and before BP, same as DonJuan.

Good luck!

Put a small amount of petroleum jelly under your eyes before putting on bp or moisturizing. After everything has absorbed, then you can wipe the petroleum jelly away, or I rub it in with under eye concealer. It's worked wonder for the skin under my eyes.