Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ex-pretty

I'm badly attacked by acne...and I'm a teacher!!!

Gosh....I just can't bear to FACE my students anymore!!! I'm breaking out really really bad since 2006. My acne was quite controllable before this. So far, I've been spared from my students' comments about my face, but my teacher colleagues did ask what happened to my face. After which, I would hide myself in the toilet cubicle and cry. :(

Students used to say I'm the prettiest teacher in the school....maybe I'll be the ugliest one now.

Would students be disturbed by my pimply face???? I am teaching teenagers after all...and most of them have such good skin.

Why must acne happen to me? Why not those people who were mean to me???!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way.

I don't think your students will say you're the ugliest teacher, it's not like we check out our teachers much.

I'm in highschool and some teachers do have acne but nobody says anything, unless they're immature and nasty, which unfortunately some kids are.

I don't think acne would have made you ugly, most people can see past it. If you were once the most beautiful teacher, acne won't change that. Chin up, I say. I know it's hard but I don't think your students will be disturbed by pimples. As long as you concentrate on the job and on teaching them as best as you can, you will be fine.

If you go into the classroom, worrying that they will notice your skin or thinking they will say something, then you won't be comfortable and work for you will become unenjoyable and stressful. I hope you'll be able to find the strength to think postively and be confident.

I'm also sorry to hear that you cried in the toilet, that's so upsetting. I hope you find peace and that you will be able to hold your head up high and not think twice about evil acne.

Take care and God bless. :)

Isn't acne the pits... I'm feeling ya'. If people are going to treat/think of you different because of acne, then they obviously aren't worth your time of day, and they're probably suck-up assholes on the inside. They aren't worthy of you and thus you shouldn't take their comments personally because they are shallow. Most people who've gone through some form of extended suffering (like acne) are much more understanding and worth your while.

hello, it must be a really unconfortable situation, but sometimes we just have to move on, with or w/out the acne. I believe that acne has nothing to do with acceptance. if people dont like you they wont but if they did and this happened to u, well they will still like to be around you, enjoy your company and learn from the things u know about :) heheh okay best luck.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way.

I don't think your students will say you're the ugliest teacher, it's not like we check out our teachers much.

I'm in highschool and some teachers do have acne but nobody says anything, unless they're immature and nasty, which unfortunately some kids are.

I don't think acne would have made you ugly, most people can see past it. If you were once the most beautiful teacher, acne won't change that. Chin up, I say. I know it's hard but I don't think your students will be disturbed by pimples. As long as you concentrate on the job and on teaching them as best as you can, you will be fine.

If you go into the classroom, worrying that they will notice your skin or thinking they will say something, then you won't be comfortable and work for you will become unenjoyable and stressful. I hope you'll be able to find the strength to think postively and be confident.

I'm also sorry to hear that you cried in the toilet, that's so upsetting. I hope you find peace and that you will be able to hold your head up high and not think twice about evil acne.

Take care and God bless. :)

I tend to diagree. Ex-Pretty, in your line of work, you know that students/teens can be quite mean at times to teachers...at least it's how it was when I was in school. I've never seen your acne, so I don't know how bad it is...but some students will poke fun at it just for shits and giggles. Teens will be teens, and immaturity and hatefullness and disregard for one's feelings will run rampant. If it's bad enough to make you cry in the bathroom stall, then take action before it gets worse. Start a regimen...this is the perfect place to look if you wish one. If that doesn't help, then see a dermatologist. You're not too old for such a thing, and obviously acne isn't just "for teens." I don't mean my bluntness to come off as disrespect, or hatefulness...because this isn't my goal. If you are having acne, just like any of us...do something about it. There are plenty of regimens out there...find one that works for you. You already have a job which you seem to like...don't let something like this get you down when there are a lot of ways to handle it.

I wish the best for you, and I hope you find something works. Good luck!

I'm going to be a math teacher one day in high school and I'm sure it's not as bad as you might think.

But I suggest going on an acne-diet or at least take an allergy test. I tend to break out most from the foods I eat. When I was in high school, I never noticed acne on anyone. Most students who don't have acne up to that point most likely won't notice it at all...in my experiences at least.

When I was in high school we checked out our teachers all the time. :D

The only attractive teacher in my school is a 5th grade teacher.

But man, she's... :wub:

I wrote on the chalkboard "Hello Ms Crocket come and sit on my rocket" then I drew a picture of my "rocket", she kept the whole class in detention for weeks until I owned up to it :(

oh yeah...students will be as mean as possible, there gonna ride on yo ass all day long especially if their black , then watch out.

I wrote on the chalkboard "Hello Ms Crocket come and sit on my rocket" then I drew a picture of my "rocket", she kept the whole class in detention for weeks until I owned up to it :(

which bit?

I was very young and stupid you know.

Its amazing what you find funny when you're a 13 year old kid who's been smoking weed all lunch hour....

which bit?

I was very young and stupid you know.

Its amazing what you find funny when you're a 13 year old kid who's been smoking weed all lunch hour....

ill give you credit for smoking weed and being able to come into class and write on the board

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

we usede to do it on a regular basis, then sit at the front of the class and laugh at everything the teacher said.

Sad really.

It would explain why I'm now working a lame minimum wage job though.

we usede to do it on a regular basis, then sit at the front of the class and laugh at everything the teacher said.

Sad really.

It would explain why I'm now working a lame minimum wage job though.

that teacher must have tough she was a comedian.

Thanx guys....u all did a great job at comforting me and also, making me laugh about the silly pranks you did in school back then! Okay2, i'm sounding like a teacher, can't help it. I forgot to mention that I'm teaching an all girls' school in Singapore.

I'm visiting a dermatologist next week...see what he can do about my condition. Hopefully, I'll be back to my 'OK' skin...

The cool kids will always make stupid jokes you know that. I used to get attacked about my acne during my school days all the time, it's normal for these clear skinned brats to talk crap.

The cool kids will always make stupid jokes you know that. I used to get attacked about my acne during my school days all the time, it's normal for these clear skinned brats to talk crap.

I dunno, it seemed like there was a wierd sort of respect at my high school. Noone, no matter how much an individual hated another, would comment on his/her acne granted they had some. But yeah, high school was pretty fun, and the fact you teach at an all girls school will probably make the chances of them insulting you less. (or at least I think so) Out of curiosity, which subject(s) do you teach?

Last year, (junior year for me) there was this gorgeous English teacher. Every guy in the class practially failed, because they were too busy fantasizing about the many ways they wanted to fuck her, instead of focusing on the course material. The girls in the class were constantly complimenting her, saying ''o you are the prettiest teacher!''. Anyways, this teacher had fairly bad acne, but no one cared what so ever.

Thanx guys....u all did a great job at comforting me and also, making me laugh about the silly pranks you did in school back then! Okay2, i'm sounding like a teacher, can't help it. I forgot to mention that I'm teaching an all girls' school in Singapore.

I'm visiting a dermatologist next week...see what he can do about my condition. Hopefully, I'll be back to my 'OK' skin...

be luck theres no black people at your school...in the US they show no mercy.

Mr. Handsome, since you asked....hmmm, I'm teaching Food & Nutrition and also Home Economics; and I'm really passionate about these 2 subjects! I'm a very young teacher and teaching in a secondary school; in fact I'm only 21. By the way, I'm on my way to recovery in 2 months' time.

Once my skin has cleared up, I make sure I'll talk to every student face to face! But when I think about my acne worries, I was never bothered by my former teachers who had acne.

You're a teacher by profession and you need only to remember that. These kids are your responsibility and you are there to teach them and nothing else. So put your acne insecurities aside and do your job for the students sake.

You said you got acne since 2006, this would suggest to me that you've possibly slipped out of a routine or eaten abnormal foods over christmas that isn't what you usually eat. Just try and get back into your routine and maybe supliment your skin with Loreal Pure. Your skin will clear up in no time.

i think i have to agree with some members, u are in fact there to teach these pupils,first and foremost,like yourself im a 23 yr old teacher of metalwork and drawing ( u sound like ur irish also), iv had bad acne for years but people ar usually quite nice about it, as are my students,true to form some smartasses will question me on it, but it is usually to ask if it is sore, and how do the girls re-act to it etc, maybe you should use this oppurtunity in a constructive manner and try to discuss some of the problems that acne sufferers have in their teenage ( as i do myself from time to time, but not always) years instead of holding grudges in the face of some students. i also add that uare a professional woman in the school, so u should act as such and come down on these pupils first and foremost with a heavy hand, whwther u feel confident enough to do it or not.