Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enilesav

Its just not working....

Iv been using 2.5% bp for about 10 weeks now...and im still waking up with a new spot every day...(big ones!)

When i first started using it i was using crap moisterisers which wernt oil free, so i thought that was probly the reason it wasnt working. So i bought some oil free stuff and my skin immediately seemed to do better... but now its just awfull again.

Any suggestions????

Maybe you have a food allergy that worsens your acne.

Through experimenting, I've found a few fooods that ruin my complexion:

-Milk

-Cheese

-Butter

-Chocolate

Who knows, it probably is the case for you.

Let us know exactly which products you are using, and how you are using them. Maybe we can figure it out.

Pears soap - just a quick wash like on dans video...

2.5% pan-oxyl gel - i know dans stuff is supposed to be really good...but i cant afford to keep ordering it from the uk so panoxyl will just have to do! Using it like on dans video...

Nivea visage oil free moisteriser - using it like shown on dans video.... ( i tried eucerin but it was too stingy)

Doing this twice a day.

Let us know exactly which products you are using, and how you are using them. Maybe we can figure it out.

Pears soap - just a quick wash like on dans video...

2.5% pan-oxyl gel - i know dans stuff is supposed to be really good...but i cant afford to keep ordering it from the uk so panoxyl will just have to do! Using it like on dans video...

Nivea visage oil free moisteriser - using it like shown on dans video.... ( i tried eucerin but it was too stingy)

Doing this twice a day.

hmmmm, well, your products look okay. Make sure you are not somehow irritating your face, touching, and/or picking. Read through Dan's "biggest mistakes" page and see if anything jumps out at you. http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

And make sure you are using a full fat finger worth of the bp. For stubborn acne, it can take up to 3 months to see significant clearing, and a few others have reported it took a bit longer, up to 5 months or so, although that is not the norm, it's possible.

Yeah, what Brandy said.

Also, what is Pears soap? I've heard of that a lot. I'm hesitant with anything that says "soap" though. Something non-overdrying is best, and soap is usually not at all pH balanced. Is Pears made for the face and does it advertise that it is not overly drying?

Also, people do tend to say they don't like the panoxyl due to the dryness and irritation - perhaps from the alcohol. If you are in the UK, people seem to have good luck with Oxy On-The-Spot over there.

I havnt found panoxyl drying or irrating at all... i used to use oxy on the spot a long time ago but found it didnt do anything, i may have been applying it wrong though. Pears soap is non-condemenic and hypoallergenic funky smelling orange stuff. And thats pretty much all i know... i guess it is pretty drying but i havnt found that a problem....hmmmm.

BP can never cure acne, it can only at most prevent some of the spots by killing the bacteria, but acne comes from the inside.

Try altering your diet as some have suggested, try with certain foods and record your progress. A few weeks without dairy, few weeks without wheat etc, only do one group at a time so you can monitor the effects more easily.

BP can never cure acne, it can only at most prevent some of the spots by killing the bacteria, but acne comes from the inside.

Try altering your diet as some have suggested, try with certain foods and record your progress. A few weeks without dairy, few weeks without wheat etc, only do one group at a time so you can monitor the effects more easily.

Its kinda hard.... theres only a limited amount of things i cant eat anyway....im allergic to most things. And im a vegetarian, theres not alot else i can take away without starving myself!

I know bp doesnt cure... there is no cure.... but it so far isnt preventing anything.

Guest chon_bon

i think you should inveset in dan's gel. i've used plenty of other brands of bp and they don't work at all. maybe order like five tubes at once, to save shipping?

I totally agree with this, since it's what I've done myself.