Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poogle

California Dermatologist Recommendation

I'm in Southern California and have medium to severe scarring all over my face from years of acne. I've read quite a bit on here, and am looking for treatment from a good dermatologist/plastic surgeon. I have this feeling if I just went to any random one, they'll just do some laser treatments, which may or may not be what I need.

Basically, I have rolling boxcars, pits, and I think most of the other ones in the list.

I also have bags under my eyes that I would like to get rid of. Sliced cuccumbers don't seem to be doing the trick.

Can someone recommend a good dermatologist/plastic surgeon who can help me in my area? Thanks.

Dr Fitzpatrick in San Diego is getting high marks with the new Fraxel laser. I'm in Northern CA looking for a Fraxel expert with acne scars. Any suggestions?

Poogle, have you looked into saline injections? I have an appointment on Jan. 27th at the Advanced Skincare Medcenter in Fullerton for my 1st round of saline injections. If you do a search, there has been some really good results reported. The downtime for this procedure is suppose to be little....only a bit swelling and redness for a day or two.

For scars, Dr Fitzpatrick...Fraxel. Believe me, I've done all the research and gone to almost all the Dermos in So Cal and had almost all the treatments. Fraxel is currently the most promising procedure for acne scars with the least downtime and Dr Fitz is getting rave reviews on this site. Do a search on him on this site and read up.

If I had a nickel for every doctors website that gives rave reviews for any procedure they offer, I would be in contention with Bill Gates as the worlds richest person.

James