Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ty189

so its my birthday

So i went to the derm today and he started me on 100mg 2x a day of Doryx, also i will be using tazorac and benzaclin topically.

My sister who is 27 has been using the same thing for about a year and has perfectly clear skin, all her scars and redness are gone, basically all she deals with now are blackheads, so i thought it might be worthwhile to give it a try since i am banking on the fact that we have the same genetic disposition to acne.

I asked him about accutance and he said that after a 3month trial of this we can talk about it but bascially what he perscribed me is the stongest combination next to tane (so he said) so i am hopeful.

i don't really know why i am writing this other then i guess i was just wondering if anyone has had any postive experience with any of the these 3 things i will be using, i could really use some insight. He basically told me i will see a big difference in a month which is prolly a big load of crap but i can't help but wonder. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appriciated. :D:D

So i went to the derm today and he started me on 100mg 2x a day of Doryx, also i will be using tazorac and benzaclin topically.

My sister who is 27 has been using the same thing for about a year and has perfectly clear skin, all her scars and redness are gone, basically all she deals with now are blackheads, so i thought it might be worthwhile to give it a try since i am banking on the fact that we have the same genetic disposition to acne.

I asked him about accutance and he said that after a 3month trial of this we can talk about it but bascially what he perscribed me is the stongest combination next to tane (so he said) so i am hopeful.

i don't really know why i am writing this other then i guess i was just wondering if anyone has had any postive experience with any of the these 3 things i will be using, i could really use some insight. He basically told me i will see a big difference in a month which is prolly a big load of crap but i can't help but wonder. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appriciated. :D :D

Well Happy bday first of all..and second I don't know anything about these medicines but don't say its prolly a big load of crap! ha...think positive!!!!

Guest been13years

That is a powerful combo. I was on minocycline, tazorac, and triaz wash, which is basically the same thing: Benzoyl Peroxide + antibiotics + topical retinoid. I'm surprised your sister even has blackheads; when I was on this stuff I was crystal clear with nary a pore in sight. But I got lazy with the topical regimen, started smoking, partying, and went through a lot of stupid drama, so I broke out again after going off the antibiotics. You have to be consistent with this stuff and you'll see results.

That is a powerful combo. I was on minocycline, tazorac, and triaz wash, which is basically the same thing: Benzoyl Peroxide + antibiotics + topical retinoid. I'm surprised your sister even has blackheads; when I was on this stuff I was crystal clear with nary a pore in sight. But I got lazy with the topical regimen, started smoking, partying, and went through a lot of stupid drama, so I broke out again after going off the antibiotics. You have to be consistent with this stuff and you'll see results.

How long were you on the antibiotics for before you saw results?