Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fighter05

Acne Scars! In which part of your face they look more awful?

We all agree on that facial acne scarring just looks bad in general. However, It does make a little difference where we have it. I was at a conference this morning and there was a lady (CEO of a local company) who apparently had lots of awful scarring , but when I saw her at a close angle, her scars weren't that bad or deep. The problem is that they were located all over her forehead. Had she had her scars somewhere else, (maybe cheek area), it would have been unnoticeable. So where do you think acne scarring looks more terrible and awful??? Nose area? Forehead? Cheeks, Neck, Sideburns, lips area? Chin???

The closer to your eyes and nose the worse cause that is were people look when they talk to you. Also on facial features that come to a hill or a round point cause then you have this hill with a pit in it that casts very noticeable shadows.

The closer to your eyes and nose the worse cause that is were people look when they talk to you.

Yup!, That's very true. I've never put it that way. But you are 100% right!

For me its the cheeks. They look good at a distance, but up close my cheeks look like a satelite view of the moon with their craters and all. ..and now I have an aweful dented scar on my nose which is fortunate for my cheeks, "ties " the entire "look" all together...yep...people are no longer staring only at my cheeks..Im well coordinated now.

cheeks b/c every time i look in the mirror its all i see and it makes me think they're everywhere when they're really not. plus cheeks are the most prime real estate on your face/body.

Guest quack

How about right between the eyes?

i guess that would be pretty bad but i too have to say the cheeks. at least with the forehead, you could cover it up with some bangs but the cheeks -- they're just out there and when you smile, more or less, your cheeks are gonna be noticed.

Around my mouth, and thats it, mainly chin area.

My cheeks and forehead are totally clear, which puzzles me.

mine are on my cheeks and they are almost not noticeable when i smile. but cheeks is the worst. they're just front and center. although, i'd rather have a few patches on my cheeks than all over.

Any place you can't cover up with your hair without looking like a psycho.

Amen! I hardly EVER pull my hair back anymore. I cover my face with as much hair as I can, to cover any scars I have. My main problem area are my cheeks. I am fine everywhere else, but my cheeks.

it also depends on the type of scars, what they look like, how deep, and what you look like overall. better looking people get a lot more leeway. i see lots of hot guys and girls in new york with acne and scars. i think too eyes are super important. if you have beautiful eyes, its really hard to be unattractive in my opinion.

Alot of people on here are saying around the cheek area, but i must disagree with you strongly there. I think many of you are saying it is because most of you have scars only on your cheeks, it is the most common place to have scars really!

But i have deeper acne scars and more acne scars on my cheeks more than on my forehead, yet the scars on my forehead bother me alot more than the scars on my cheeks.

This is because when a bright light appears on my face, the scars on my forehead are straight away visible, and when people talk to me they do not look into my eyes, or even on my cheeks, they look at the scars on my forehead. Trust me, scars on the forehead are unsightly :cry:

What whittle1 said. Most of my scars are in my cheeks, but I have three big ones on my forehead and they're the ones that look the worst and is also what people look at when they talk to me.

LET ME REVERSE THE ORIGINAL QUESTION, SO HERE WE GO: ON WHICH PART OF YOUR FACE YOU WOULD HAVE PREFERED TO HAVE YOUR ACNE SCARRING???

I still think forehead scars are the wrost so I wish I had those scars on my cheeks and trust me, my life would be normal.

LET ME REVERSE THE ORIGINAL QUESTION, SO HERE WE GO: ON WHICH PART OF YOUR FACE YOU WOULD HAVE PREFERED TO HAVE YOUR ACNE SCARRING???

I still think forehead scars are the wrost so I wish I had those scars on my cheeks and trust me, my life would be normal.

Oh good grief....they're bad ANYWHERE if they're on your face!

Sheesh! :doh: