Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluelight

Acne on different parts of face (correlations)

I remember seeing a diet/holistic health-related site about what you should eat in your diet (depending on whether you have acne on your cheeks/ side of face/ forehead/ etc. ) They also had the corresponding health conditions related to acne on different parts of the face. Can anyone help on this? Would really appreciate it.

haha, this is stupid, I was readin through the above link, and was finding it relatively useful, until I read into the the part "Acne on the chin is usually due to toxins being stored in the reprodutive system. Comprehensive liver and bowel management, plus avoiding estrogenic foods, Zinc and the rest of the Skin Food will help with this."

most of my acne is on my chin, so Im thinking I will cut out estrogenic foods, so i lookin into this and find that on http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/peoria/working/0001e.html "estrogenic foods usually come from plant sources and include: alfalfa, apples, barley, carrots, cherries, chick peas, corn, hops, oats, pomegranates, rice, rye, sesame, soybeans, and wheat

Thats pretty much everything I thought was good for me, I avoid milk to cut out the idodine - and drink soy milk instead, now I read soy milk is bad, and rice too, so no rice milk. Plus if applies, carrots and vegtables are bad, what exactly should anyone eat?

It seems everything suposidly good, turns out to be bad in anothing way.

haha, this is stupid, I was readin through the above link, and was finding it relatively useful, until I read into the the part "Acne on the chin is usually due to toxins being stored in the reprodutive system. Comprehensive liver and bowel management, plus avoiding estrogenic foods, Zinc and the rest of the Skin Food will help with this."

most of my acne is on my chin, so Im thinking I will cut out estrogenic foods, so i lookin into this and find that on http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/peoria/working/0001e.html "estrogenic foods usually come from plant sources and include: alfalfa, apples, barley, carrots, cherries, chick peas, corn, hops, oats, pomegranates, rice, rye, sesame, soybeans, and wheat

Thats pretty much everything I thought was good for me, I avoid milk to cut out the idodine - and drink soy milk instead, now I read soy milk is bad, and rice too, so no rice milk. Plus if applies, carrots and vegtables are bad, what exactly should anyone eat?

Soy contains a lot of anti-nutrients and things that are a lot like the female hormone estrogen. Its all very bad for your health. Try avoiding these first. See what it does for your skin.

Just search the internet about it

That doesn't seem like a great list. A LOT of foods have phytoestrogens (which is what Shelley is referring to), but some much more than others. You should avoid the ones highest on the list, which are according to Shelley...

Soy (avoid all forms of soy, even the fermented kind which at other times is okay.)

Millet

Barley

Flax seed.

Kidney beans.

Lima beans.

Rye.

Clover.

Raspberry tea

Evening primrose oil

licorice

garbanzo beans

hopps and malt - beer

Flax seed oil makes me break out badly on my chin... but I eat lots of rice (and rice milk), apples, carrots and other vegetables, and they don't break me out. I wouldn't worry about those.

I think that the benefits of soy for women in particular (I know it prevents osteoperosis and breast cancer, and I believe it's been linked to preventing heart disease and other things) far outweigh the risk that on the off chance that this website is not total BS you may get acne on your chin.

I scanned through the website. She recommends trampolining to people who have chapped lips. She says that bloodshot eyes mean you need to manage your bowel and liver, which a) manage themselves providing you get a proper diet and hydration and b) it's stupid to believe that bloodshot eyes are due to unmanaged bowels instead of logical things like allergies and lack of sleep. Also, she seems to think that the crease in the middle of your tongue represents emotions stored in the spinal column, and that if the line is too deep you should go get b-vitamin shots.

In short, I wouldn't alter anything in your regimen based on the crap you read there. It's reassuring to think that you can find your solution based on a simple test like that but you can't.

I think that the benefits of soy for women in particular (I know it prevents osteoperosis and breast cancer, and I believe it's been linked to preventing heart disease and other things) far outweigh the risk that on the off chance that this website is not total BS you may get acne on your chin.

Benefits of soy?! http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html

I scanned through the website. She recommends trampolining to people who have chapped lips. She says that bloodshot eyes mean you need to manage your bowel and liver, which a) manage themselves providing you get a proper diet and hydration

No, they don't actually. They would if someone had a good diet from the day he/she was born, but no one (at least in North America) does. That's why, despite having a fantastic diet for a couple of years, I had constant cystic acne on my forehead until I drank carrot juice, which is a liver cleanser (it cleared up my forehead 100%, permanently). That's why I had acne all over my cheeks until I did bowel cleansing (Oxy-Powder).

The fact that you've never heard of these things before doesn't prove that they are BS.

I think part of it is bull. My dad had hep B and never had acne problems. Not one pimple. He died of liver cancer. That's as bad as a liver can get.

Although I realize everyone's body is different, I think some of the info is a bit misleading. But at the same time they don't seem to be intent on selling anything, which leads to some credibility.