Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G20

39 Days In

Just wondering how other people's acne is doing on or around 40 days using the regimen? Im doing Ok, but not as good as i had hoped. Any thoughts?

Lets see... that would make you around week 5. Week 4-5 for me was the worst. I had probably my nastiest breakout ever during that period. I think it was at the end of week 4 going into 5. Before that I had certain areas clear with some cyclical breakouts in between. After that period I was much clearer but have still be fighting off a few spotty regions now and then.

I'm 3+ months in now and am still clearing. There's basically 1 trouble spot left that hasn't fully gone away and still has some recurring pimples. Other than that I get a couple pimples a week. They seem to be lessening and don't get as bad.

You've probably already see the what to expect page but I linked it just for good measure.

Well, i forgot my username and pwd, so i'll have to use this generic name.

I at about day 35-ish right now. My acne is the worst that it has ever been in 4 years. My main problems areas have not changed for the worse or the better, and my previously minor problem areas have grown into main problem areas. My nose used to only ever have 1 rare pimple on the side that would come and go. Now i have about 12-14 little dots forming on the nose. I also have gotten pimples on the chin and lip area which have been so rare in the past 4 years. Anyway, don't really care that they are coming. This is way i am continuing with it all.

the week of day 20 was really bad for me. reall really bad.

i'm in day 48 maybe and i'm currenly recovering from a breakout (i think). so day 20 and day 45 were bad for me.

Yea my progress sounds a lot like that. I havent hit day 45 yet but the way my face looks now i bet i will be recovering from one.

Hey G20. If I remember you have been experimenting with different products, no? I forget exactly. But anyway, the ones you're using now sound perfect. Now that you're on the regimen, give it 3 months or so of strict adherence. And take some pics if you can.

Oh, and did you read those pages I gave you to read? http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html and http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

Read those if you haven't yet, just to be positive you're doing everything just right.

I don't know how my acne would have been classified. Probably mild, maybe moderate at times, but I'm not sure. It tended to be very cyclical but was getting worse and more constant when I finally started the Regimen.

I never had wide spread breakouts over my whole face (except during week 4-5 on the Regimen) but I'd usually have 1-2 problem areas. It started deep and I could usually tell when it was coming. The area would eventually get very red and was painful at times. When the breakout area would finally get better, almost immediately I'd get a new breakout area. I'd maybe catch a few days in between where nothing was particularly active and I'd look fairly clear. When my clear days were disappearing, I finally started the Regimen.

I'm 24 now and had acne in highschool which I dealt with until junior year of college. I then had a few years where my acne wasn't so bad and I didn't do much beyond cleansing to treat it. The sunny days went away though about a year and a half ago and my acne started coming back.

I have no good pictures of my acne. I used to avoid photos when my acne was bad and would use cover up to hide it if possible. I may or may not put up a current picture at some point... I'm a little freaked out about having my picture up here :shifty:

Hey G20. If I remember you have been experimenting with different products, no? I forget exactly. But anyway, the ones you're using now sound perfect. Now that you're on the regimen, give it 3 months or so of strict adherence. And take some pics if you can.

Oh, and did you read those pages I gave you to read? http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html and http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

Read those if you haven't yet, just to be positive you're doing everything just right.

Yea, I forgot my cetaphil facial moisturizer at home over christmas break so i had to substitute regular cetaphil moisturizing lotion for the body I think. I also used that apricot scrub twice. Never again though.