Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SarahL

Found a GREAT moisturizer :)

A few weeks ago, while waiting for my prescription of Accutane to be filled at the drugstore, my mom wandered off to ask a cosmetologist if there were any good moisturizers available for someone going through acne treatments. What she recommended was Avene, a new line of skin products from France, obviously a little pricey. However, she bought the specific moisturizer for acne treatments (actually says on the tube, "hydrating soothing care, follow-up to acne treatments") and I'm very happy with it. I only need to use a pea-sized amount twice a day, instead of the usual 4 or 5 applications of my previous moisturizer morning and night. It feels like it tightens your pores as it moisturizes, and a small tube will last you a long time.

It may only be available in Canada or online, not sure...but here's a website that shows all Avene products:

http://www.feelbest.com/avene_products.cfm

Good luck! :whistle:

I've found that the best moisturizers are simple and pure. Olive oil derivatives and 100% pure emu oil should be considered. I've had a lot of success with them.

hehe, avene has been around for a while. it's based on eau avene, which is, i think, a hotspring somewhere in france. the products mainly target sensitive skin, and some also target acne-prone skin. it's definitely pricey for the amount of product you get.

thanks for sharing.

hehe, avene has been around for a while. it's based on eau avene, which is, i think, a hotspring somewhere in france. the products mainly target sensitive skin, and some also target acne-prone skin. it's definitely pricey for the amount of product you get.

thanks for sharing.

lol, I thought it was new... :shifty: