Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rockomon123

having trouble with getting prescription tane

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has had trouble also with trying to get a prescription of accutane from your dermatologist. This would be my second time on the drug, and i have mild/moderate acne around my jawline area.

my primary care physician is taking forever to authorize my request to see the dermatologist i saw the first time i went on tane. She's telling me that i could go to a health store and buy Vitamin A pills instead.. I have a strong feeling this is related to a conflict with my insurance. I'm a BlueCross Individual HMO member.

Accutane seems like the only drug that really helped clear my skin, and I think it would be within my best interest to go on it a second time, rather than mess with an assortment of topicals that the doctors are trying to make me try again..

any suggestions?

Well if she subscribed it to you the first time, and she won't subscribe it now, she may think you don't really need it at the moment. Give some BP some try. It may work better now than before.

She's telling me that i could go to a health store and buy Vitamin A pills instead.

If she really suggested that... WOW!

Well if she subscribed it to you the first time, and she won't subscribe it now, she may think you don't really need it at the moment. Give some BP some try. It may work better now than before.

over the counter Benzoyl peroxide hasnt been very cooperative with my skin. I'm using Klaron right now.

why wow?

Guest Fearless*Bunny

over the counter Benzoyl peroxide hasnt been very cooperative with my skin. I'm using Klaron right now.

why wow?

because that's dangerous

Guest Fearless*Bunny

Is it possible that you can get a new primary? I mean I wouldn't feel safe going to a doctor that told me to take Vitamin a unsupervised.

Is it possible that you can get a new primary? I mean I wouldn't feel safe going to a doctor that told me to take Vitamin a unsupervised.

ive already planned on seeing a different physician next week. I went to see my primary care physician last two weeks ago right when i had a bad breakout (about 5-6 whiteheads came up on the right side of my face) and she said that she would authorize a derm visit for me. it's been 2 weeks since then, and my acne subsided to a mild to moderate level. ive got probaly 2 zits.. but a lot of red marks around my jawline area.. and maybe 2-3 really small redbumps.

im concerned that when it comes time to see my derm, my breakout would have already subsided, and she wont give me accutane. basically, i want to go on accutane more or less as a preventive measure for future occurences of acne on my face, because the first course didnt stop my acne completely.

also, has anyone ever got insured accutane course for preventive acne reasons like mine?